This salad is not only a perfect option for your lunch but is also great as appetizer or light dinner! It has it all! Vibrant colors, crunchiness, sweetness and on top of it it’s packed with vitamins, fiber, minerals, antioxidants and protein – goodies that your body needs to stay healthy!
I don’t usually make salads with meat. Normally, my salads are packed with vegetables and dressed with some light dressing. Occasionally I also prepare them with pasta. It’s like this with me and salads. I have my moments (that last for several days, sometimes even a week or two) when I feel like eating light. Like really light! This usually happens in summer, but it’s not a rule. During these “light” days all I want to eat are salads! Yes! Sometimes it would only be various vegetables mixed together. But Siim prefers protein in his meal so I made this chicken salad with Lima beans.
I am quite new to fresh Lima beans. Do you use them in cooking? If yes, what dishes do you use them in? Siim only boils them, drains the water, shells the pods and eats them on their own. Well, this way of eating them doesn’t excites me much, if you know what I mean so I try to sauté them with some butter and seasoning which I think works well. If you have some other simple way to use fresh Lima beans let me know!
This salad is not only a perfect option for your lunch but is also great as appetizer or light dinner! It has it all! Vibrant colors, crunchiness, sweetness and on top of it it’s packed with vitamins, fiber, minerals, antioxidants and protein – goodies that your body needs to stay healthy.
- 4-5 Radishes
- 2 Beets
- 1 cup Fresh Lima Beans (100g)
- 4 cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 can Sweetcorn
- 1-2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash the beans and put them in a large pot filled with water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the beans until soft (30-40 minutes). Drain the water, let them cool down before shelling the pods.This step can be done night before to save your time.
- Meanwhile: wash the radishes and spinach leaves. Slice/cut them and place in a bowl for later. Wash the beetroot and peel it. Be careful when peeling and cutting it – use gloves and apron to avoid staining your hands and clothes.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and season with salt. Melt butter in a frying pan, throw the chicken strips in and fry until nice golden brown.
- Throw in Lima beans and sweetcorn and sautee for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with some black pepper and salt, if needed.
- Divide all the ingredients between 4 plates and arrange any way you like!
- Serve warm or cold!
Browse more Salad Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.