Did you know?
- Chili peppers are native to South and Central America.
- The world’s largest producer & exporter of chili peppers is India.
- The Scoville scale measures the „hotness“ of a chili pepper or other spicy foods. It was named after its creator Wilbur Scoville – American pharmacist.
Make an ordinary dish extraordinary by adding some chili! Be careful with the amount you use as every chili is different!
Here are some well-known chilies and their position on the Scoville Heat Scale (SHU=Scoville Heat Units)
- Anaheim (500-2500 SHU)
- Jalapeño (2500-8000 SHU)
- Scotch Bonnet (150 000 – 325 000 SHU)
- Red Savina Habanero (250 000 – 577 000 SHU)
Browse more tasty Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.