Making homemade tahini is easy and only takes minutes. This sesame seed paste is high in vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. You only need 2 ingredients!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 tbsp (½ Cup/120ml)
In a food processor/blender, process the seeds until they look like crumbs. Add olive oil and process until creamy.
This may take from 5-10 minutes. During this time, I recommend turning the machine several times and scraping the paste from sides so that everything blends evenly.
When ready, pour into a jar and seal. Store in the fridge.
- If you can’t buy toasted sesame seeds, you can dry-toast them yourself in a pan (stir regularly). Allow them to cool down before processing.
- Extra virgin olive oil can be substituted with cooking olive oil, sesame oil or peanut oil.
- The prep time may vary. This will depend on how powerful your blender/processor is.
- When using a large food processor/blender I recommend doubling the recipe.
- For more information and tips, I recommend having a look at the whole post.
- Tahini can last several months when stored properly.
** Happy Foods Tube is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
Amount Per Serving (1 tbsp)
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.