Traditional Greek Salad
An easy recipe for tasty traditional Greek salad. This side dish is ready in no time, it’s healthy, refreshing and bursting with Mediterranean flavors. Perfect for summer!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 3 Large Tomatoes , ripe (500g)
- 1 Large English Cucumber (340g)
- 2 Green Peppers (140g)
- 1 Small Red Onion , peeled
- ½ cup Pitted Olives (70g)
- 3 ounces Feta Cheese (90g)
- Salt to taste, see note 8
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
Rinse the tomatoes, cucumber and peppers under running water.
Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove any hard parts and cut each quarter in half. Cut the cucumber in half length-wise and cut each half into chunks. Remove the seeds and veins from peppers and slice them into smaller pieces. Thinly slice the onion into rings or half-rings. Throw all the veggies into a large bowl altogether with olives.
Crumble Feta cheese over and season everything with salt, pepper, olive oil and dried oregano. Mix everything well. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
Best served chilled!
1 small onion = 4 ounces/120g.
2 peppers = 5 ounces/140g (about 1 cup chopped, packed).
3 tomatoes = 18 ounces/500g (about 3 cups, when chopped into chunks).
1 large cucumber = 12 ounces/340g (2 cups, when cut).
- I used long Italian peppers but you can use bell peppers instead.
- Olives – for the authentic Greek salad you should use kalamata olives. If you can’t find them, use black olives instead, like I did.
- Tomatoes – the riper the tomatoes the tastier the salad.
- Onion – 1 small onion will be plenty for this recipe.
- Feta – you can add more or less, if you like.
- You can serve this salad right away, but I recommend chilling it in the fridge for about 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Cucumber – sometimes the cucumber skin tastes bitter. If this is the case, peel the skin off.
- Seasoning – use as much seasoning as you like. You can also add more olive oil.
- Ounces, grams & cups:
** Happy Foods Tube is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
Traditional Greek Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Vitamin A 1290IU26%
Vitamin C 56.5mg68%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.