Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
Creamy tuna pasta bake is the perfect weeknight dinner. This tuna casserole is ready on your table in 35 minutes, it has an easy 7-minute prep and easily feeds a family of six.
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time28 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 10 ounces Short Pasta (300g), see note 1
- 1.5 cup Broccoli Florets (75g), see note 2
- Salt for Pasta, see note 3
- 1.5 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 5 ounces Canned Sweetcorn , drained (150g)
- 7 ounces Canned Tuna , drained (200g)
- 7 ounces Cheese ,shredded or sliced (200g), see note 7
- ¾ cup Half and Half
- ½ cup Sour Cream
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. 5 minutes, before the end, add broccoli florets. Cook until both the pasta and broccoli are ready. Drain when ready.
While waiting for the pasta to cook, preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius). Then, mix together about an ounce of shredded cheese with half and half and sour cream. Set aside.
Put the pasta and broccoli back into the same pot (but if too full choose a larger one or a large bowl instead). Add herbs de Provence, celery salt, black pepper, drained sweetcorn, drained tuna and the sour cream mixture. Mix until well combined.
Pour into a casserole dish or any oven-proof dish, large enough to hold the mixture. Cover with cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice golden brown and you can see the sauce bubbling away.
- Pasta – use any short-shaped pasta like penne, rigatoni, bow tie pasta or ziti.
- Broccoli – I used about 1.5 cup of small fresh broccoli florets. This is about 2.6 ounces (75 grams). You can increase the amount to 2 cups, if you like.
- Salt – it’s important that the pasta has enough salt so it’s not bland. Taste one to see if you like the level of saltiness.
- Herbs de Provence can be substituted with oregano.
- Half and half (US) = Single cream (UK).
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
- Cheese – I used about an ounce of shredded cheddar and 4 ounces of sliced mozzarella on top. Use either of them. Gouda is also a great option.
- Tuna Pasta Bake keeps well in the fridge (stored in air-tight container) and will last for up to 3 days. It can be also divided into individual portions (stored in air-tight containers or Ziploc bags) and kept in the freezer for up to a month.
- The overall time (prep + cooking) takes less than 35 minutes, as some of the prep is done while waiting for the pasta to be cooked. However, some pasta takes longer to cook, than others. I cook mine 8 minutes max.
TIP: If you want to save time, check the pasta cooking time when in store and choose the quickest ones.
- For more tips, substitutions or if in doubt, I recommend reading the full post (above this recipe card).
** Happy Foods Tube is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g75%
Vitamin A 768IU15%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.