Instant Pot Guinness Chicken Thighs are the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Juicy, easily pulled chicken cooked in Guinness flavored sauce can be served with rice or mashed potatoes.
Calories: 494 kcal
Bone-in Chicken Thighs
Salt & Black Pepper
Turn on the instant pot and press SAUTE. Pour in the oil.
Cut the onion in half and slice thinly. Slice the leek. Place them into the inner pot and saute on high until translucent (about 3 minutes).
Season the chicken thighs well with salt and pepper. Add them to the pot and brown them on each side. Add water + Guinness and cook for 7-10 minutes before adding carrots cut into chunks.
Lock the lid and turn the steam release valve to SEALING. Press MANUAL and adjust the time to 5 minutes (high pressure).
When the cooking is finished, wait 5 minutes before pressing CANCEL/KEEP WARM AND releasing the pressure manually.
Press SAUTE. Mix cornstarch with little water and a tablespoon or two of the hot liquid (your Guinness sauce) before adding this to the pot. Stir. The sauce will thicken in a few seconds.
Stir in peas and ketchup and let it cook for 1-2 minutes before turning it off.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
- This recipe was made in a 6-quart/6-liter Instant Pot.
- The cooking time does not include time needed for the pot to come to pressure and release its pressure (count with extra 10 mins).
- If you feel that the sauce is too thin, add more cornstarch (extra 1-2 teaspoons should be enough).
- Vegetable or olive oil can be used instead of sunflower oil.
- Either leek or onion can be omitted. Just double the amount of the other one.
Instant Pot Guinness Chicken Thighs
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.