Skillet Chicken Fajitas
A quick recipe for Skillet Chicken Fajitas. This healthy recipe is full of flavors and only takes 15 minutes to make! Juicy chicken seasoned with fajita seasoning, crunchy veggies and fresh avocado. Best served with toasted or grilled tortillas!
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 Wraps
- 10.5 ounces Chicken Breasts
- Fajita Seasoning
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Bell Peppers (preferably of different colors)
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 Flour Tortillas (See note 4)
- 2 Large Avocados
- A handful of Cilantro/Parsley
Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and season with fajita seasoning. Set aside for later.
Peel and cut the onion into quarters. Separate the layers (and cut thinner if desired). Cut the peppers into thin strips.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet/pan. When the oil is hot add the onion and peppers. Season them with little bit of salt and pepper and stir-fry them on high heat for about 3 minutes stirring/tossing them occasionally. When done, transfer them into a bowl or onto a plate.
Add more oil to the skillet/pan (1½ teaspoon should be plenty) and add the seasoned chicken strips in. Stir-fry them until cooked through.
Throw the veggies back into the pan and toss them around until warm.
For the yogurt sauce, mix Greek yogurt, ketchup and minced garlic.
Serve with tortillas, avocados and cilantro.
- If you have some time, toast the tortillas on a dry skillet or throw them on a grill. Your guest will definitely enjoy them more!
- You can use homemade or store-bought fajita seasoning. When using the store-bought option, just check the packaging to see how much to use.
- The thicker the chicken strips the longer the cooking time.
- You will get 8 tortillas out of this recipe when using 7-inch (18 cm) wide tortillas. The amount might also differ slightly, depending on how much filling you use.
- If you prefer corn tortillas, use those.
- The amount of chicken/vegetables can be increased or decreased to your liking.
** Happy Foods Tube is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 25g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.