Grilled Turkey Kabobs
This is an easy recipe for tender, grilled turkey kabobs. Served over pasta, rice or your favorite salad, these healthy turkey skewers are a must-try this summer!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
For the skewers:
- 17 ounce Turkey Chunks (500g)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper , large
- 1 Yellow Red Bell Pepper , large
- 1 Onion , medium
Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl that is large enough to hold all the meat. Give it a stir and add in the turkey chunks. Use your hands or a spoon to coat the meat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or overnight).
Cut the peppers and onion into chunks (similar size to the meat, if possible) and thread them as well as the turkey chunks onto the skewers (meat + pepper + onion + meat, etc).
Grill on medium to high heat for 10-15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Use either turkey breast or thighs. My preference is the thighs. Also chicken can be used.
- Instead of a bowl, a Ziploc bag can be used for marinating.
- The color of the peppers doesn’t really matter so you can use what you have on hand or what works best for you. I like to use yellow and red because they make the kabobs colorful and pretty to look at.
- Optional: dried chili flakes can be also added to the marinade. Just be careful with the amount you put in. I tried it twice – once with 1 teaspoon (they turned out very spicy) and once with ½ teaspoon (you could barely taste any spiciness).
- Skewers: If you have metal skewers, don’t hesitate and use those! When using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to stop them from burning. I suggest threading less meat on the wooden skewers as they might break when too heavy (that is why I prefer using metal skewers).
- The grill grates: brushing them with oil prior to grilling will stop the kabobs from sticking to them.
** Happy Foods Tube is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com.
Grilled Turkey Kabobs
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 2030IU41%
Vitamin C 85.6mg104%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.