Soft, moist bread with crunchy walnut pieces. This cottage cheese bread with walnuts is perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
Guys, today I have for you this easy cottage cheese bread recipe. It’s a quick bread which means that there is no yeast used hence no kneading is required. You simply combine the ingredients, pour the batter in a loaf tin and bake!
If you are looking for more quick bread recipes, check these out:
Why should you make this cottage cheese bread?
- Quick preparation – you only need 10 minutes.
- Moist and crunchy – the cottage cheese keeps this bread most and walnuts give it some crunchiness.
- Simple ingredients – all-purpose flour, walnuts, eggs, cottage cheese, baking powder and sugar.
- Perfect for beginner bakers – no proofing & no kneading required.
- Busy families – throw this cottage cheese loaf in the oven and start cooking your dinner/play with kids/do the dishes/… while waiting.
How to make this cottage cheese quick bread:
Like I’ve already mentioned, the prep is super easy: All you need is a bowl and a mixer. Hand mixer is perfect as there is not much mixing going on here. You could actually make it without the mixer as well. Combine the sugar, eggs and cottage cheese together. Then simply add walnuts, flour and baking powder. Stir them in until well combined. And…you are almost done.
Pour this mixture in a 2 pound loaf tin and bake. By the way, I always line my loaf tin with baking paper. It saves me a lot of time cleaning the tin (meaning I just pat it dry or use a kitchen paper towel to remove any spills).
Now this cottage cheese bread will take about 60 minutes to bake. But guys, don’t be put off by the long “waiting time”. You can simply set an alarm on your phone and walk away and do other things meanwhile you are waiting.
Walnut cottage cheese bread is perfect for breakfast or as afternoon treat. Spread some butter and jam over, make yourself a cuppa and enjoy!
Guys, I have a good collection of Easy Homemade Bread Recipes on the blog. Quick breads, flatbreads, yeasted breads so just have a look and I am sure you’ll find your favorite one!
This post first appeared on Tastes of Lizzy T blog where I am a contributor.
Cottage Cheese Bread with Walnuts
- In a bowl mix cottage cheese, sugar and eggs together, using an electric mixer.
- Stir in finely chopped walnuts, sifted flour and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into a 2-pounds (1-kilogram) loaf tin lined with baking parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F/180°C for 1 hour or until and inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool down before serving. Serve sliced with jam, butter or anything you like!