Enjoy this moist and crunchy poppy seed banana bread for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack. This recipe has no butter, no oil in it & is low in sugar.
Guys, today I have for you this poppy seed banana bread.
To make it I used my easy recipe for banana bread and twisted it a bit by adding poppy seeds and Greek yogurt in it. I was extremely pleased with the result – a moist loaf of poppy seed banana bread!
By the way, I found these tips for baking with Greek yogurt quite helpful, so if you are interested, check it out.
Now this poppy seed banana bread is not the only quick bread we love!
What quick bread do you like?
Why should you make this poppy seed banana bread?
- Because you love banana bread.
- Easy & quick preparation – It takes 10 minutes tops to make it!
- This bread can be done with or without a mixer.
- It’s a bit healthier than your ordinary banana bread thanks to lower amount of refined sugar, no oil or no butter used!
How to make banana bread with poppy seeds
So like the title says this quick banana bread has poppy seeds in it. I think it’s a great and simple way how to turn your ordinary homemade banana bread into something a bit different.
The preparation takes about 10 minutes, maybe even less. It will depend on how fast you can measure, mash and mix. I usually start with lining my loaf tin with baking paper. Now guys, if you don’t have a loaf tin, don’t panic! Use a bundt cake pan instead.
A 5-6 cup bundt pan should be perfect for this poppy seed banana bread. The bread won’t be as tall as if it was made in a loaf tin but tastes equally delicious!
At the same time turn on the oven. It takes about 10 minutes to heat it up which is exactly the prep time needed to make this banana poppy seed bread.
Now get a large bowl and throw in the bananas. Cut them and mash them. Add sugar, Greek yogurt and one egg. I used a hand mixer to combine these ingredients. You can use a wooden spoon as well. Just make sure they are all well combined.
Then it’s time to stir in the flour (combined with baking soda) and poppy seeds. The batter is now ready to be poured into your prepared tin.
Baking will take about 50 minutes. Bear in mind that every oven bakes differently. Just insert a wooden skewer and if it comes out clean, your poppy seed banana bread is ready.
- Granulated Sugar – use brown sugar, if preferred.
- Greek Yogurt – sour cream can be used instead of Greek yogurt.
Want to see how to make Poppy Seed Banana Bread? Watch the video!
Poppy Seed Banana Bread
- In a mixing bowl, cut the bananas and mash them using a fork.
- Add the sugar, Greek Yogurt and egg. Mix well with a hand mixer or wooden spatula.
- Add flour (combined with baking soda) and stir well.
- At last stir in poppy seeds.
- Pour in a loaf tin lined with baking paper and bake at 360°F/180°C for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Best served with butter, jam or honey!