Make this creamy, hearty and vitamin packed broccoli & celery soup that will help you stay healthy! We all know that a bowl of warm soup can do wonders! It boosts your energy, warms up your body and supplies it with nutrients! This soup is also perfect for those who plan to detoxify their body!
Originally, I was planning on adding cream into this broccoli & celery soup but when I pureed it and tasted it afterwards I was really pleased with the way the soup turned out so I felt like there was no need to add the cream anymore. For extra crunch I dressed the soup with some croutons.
There are only 3 main ingredients in this creamy soup – broccoli, celery and onion. That’s it! They should be as fresh as possible – make sure your broccoli has nice dark green color, the stalk is firm to touch. If the stalk is wilted, avoid buying it! If you see any yellow areas in florets – don’t buy it. This means that the broccoli is starting to bloom. As for the celery – if the stalks are firm the celery is fresh.
The same goes for onion. However, I have already bought onions that looked firm but when cut in halves they were gone off inside! This has happened to me a few times with onions bought in a supermarket so I now make sure I buy onions at the local market to avoid throwing half of them in the bin!
If you are looking for a quick soup recipe, then this creamy broccoli & celery soup might be what you have been looking for! Easy, hearty, cream free and ready in no time!
Creamy Broccoli & Celery Soup
- In a medium pot melt the butter. Add roughly chopped onion and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and roughly cut broccoli and celery. Use all parts of broccoli including the stems. Throw the broccoli stems and celery in the pot. Pour in 1 liter of vegetable stock / water. Season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low-medium, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add the green parts – florets to the pot and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the broccoli has soften.
- Turn off the heat and puree it until smooth using a hand blender.
- Taste and season with black pepper and some more salt if required.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with a handful of croutons (optional).
Happy Cooking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Soup Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.