In this tutorial I will show you how to make fig puff pastry roses with delicious fig filling. The filling can be prepared in advance and stored in a fridge.
Watch the video for this recipe:
Fig Puff Pastry Roses
- Rinse the figs and cut them in half.
- Take the flesh out using a tea spoon and place it in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the figs, cinnamon and sugar. Stir well.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes until the mixture has a “mushy” look.
- Add lemon juice & taste. If you are happy with its taste, remove from the stove and let it cool down.
- Place in a fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut the pre-rolled puff pastry into squares (preferably 8-9 cm wide).
- Take one square & using a small knife, make diagonal cuts in all 4 corners. Cut towards the center
- but make sure to not cut through the center. Repeat with all of them
- Place a tea spoon of fig filling in the middle of the square.
- Using both hands, grab 2 corners that are further apart & bring them towards the middle creating a “wall” around the filling. Press down to secure the corners.
- Repeat with the opposite side. Secure the corner by pinching them with your finger and tucking them under the pastry – now you should create a rose like shape.
- Place the roses on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes (or until golden brown around the edges) at 200C.
- Once they are ready, let them cool down for a few minutes, then sprinkle with icing sugar.
- These pastries are best served warm!
- Prepare the filling the night before!
Happy Baking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Dessert Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.