This is a tutorial on how to make a basic plain sponge cake. If you are looking for some extra flavor, simply use a few drops of vanilla essence or any other essence that you like.
Watch the video for this recipe:
How to make a Shortcrust Pastry
Basic Sponge Cake Base
- Preheat the oven to 185⁰C/365⁰F
- Separate the eggs. Place the egg whites and egg yolks in 2 bowls. Use the larger bowl for the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff & set aside.
- Add caster sugar to egg yolks and mix until nice and pale.
- Sift in the flour (mixed with baking powder), add oil & water & mix until all ingredients are well blended and the batter is
- Now fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin/spring form lined with baking parchment (grease the sides of the tin as well)
- Bake at 185⁰C/365⁰F for 30-35 minutes or until baked throughout. Check with a skewer or a cake tester to see if it’s ready.
Happy Baking with HappyFoods Tube!
Browse more Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.