Another perfect no bake dessert! Persimmon, pomegranate, chia seeds, hazelnuts, dates and coconut oil are packed with nutrients (minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, fiber, …) that are only beneficial to your body! When raw hazelnuts, coconut oil and dates are used it becomes a great option for those who are on raw diet as well!
We bought quite a few persimmons last week and I wondered how to use them in a dessert. I have come up with a few ideas but this one was a winner mainly because it is a No Bake recipe and requires only a few ingredients.
The chia seeds are optional but as they are good for you and have no taste, I have been trying to add them in as many recipes as possible! They also thicken the puree a bit but like I’ve said, they really are optional. The same goes for pomegranate seeds but I think they simply belong here!
So here it is!
Check out our video for how to make No Bake Persimmon & Pomegranate Dessert Cups:
No Bake Persimmon & Pomegranate Dessert Cups
- Process the hazelnuts and dates (soak the dates first – best overnight. I don’t always soak them, it depends on how soft they are) and set aside.
- Wash, peel, dice and puree 2 persimmons (taste them first – make sure you have sweet ones. Some of them can have bitter taste).
- Add chia seeds (optional) and 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds into the persimmon puree.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- In a bowl mix the dates, hazelnuts and coconut oil until well blended.
- Line each hole in a muffin tray with tin foil. Spoon in the dates mix (divide equally into six portions) into the muffin holes. Using a small spoon (and your fingers if necessary), create a cup like shapes by pressing the mixture down and to the sides.
- Once ready, freeze it for 15 minutes. Afterwards, take it out and fill it with persimmon puree. Top with a few pomegranate seeds and place in a fridge for about an hour.
- Once the cups are set, remove the tin foil and serve!