Another great soup for cold weather! Hearty, thick and most of all delicious split pea soup! Serve with a slice of buttered toast or any bread of your choice. If you like stronger flavors, use smoked ribs.
Hearty, thick and most of all delicious split pea soup. Serve with a slice of buttered toast or any bread of your choice.
- 250 g Dried Yellow Split Peas (soaked in water overnight) (8.8oz)
- 500 g Pork Ribs (1.1lbs)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1½ l Water (50.7fl oz)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the ribs in water for 30 minutes (use medium to large sauce pan).
- Add salt, carrots, onion and split peas. Reduce the heat and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take out the ribs, let them cool a bit and remove the bones. Place the meat back into the soup. Taste it. Add pinch of black pepper and some more salt if required.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite bread.
Browse more Soup Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.