This incredibly delicious homemade Creamy Mushroom & Sun-dried tomato Spaghetti will be a hit at your dinner table! Again, this is one of the easy recipes with only a few ingredients but full of amazing flavors!
I cannot live without pasta! Well, technically I can but I just love pasta so much I wouldn’t give them up! Spaghetti, tortellini, tagliatelle, penne (these are my favorite ones), cannelloni, conchiglie, … There are soooo many varieties out there and they all are so versatile – you can make amazing meals using this simple ingredient! If you feel like you have a lot of time on your hands, try make Homemade Pasta – it’s great fun!
Spaghetti! I don’t think there is a person out there who doesn’t know spaghetti! One of the most popular pasta shapes! However, eating them has always been a challenge for many! How do you eat them? Do you only use a fork like real Italians do or you need a spoon as well? I usually take the spoon as well. It’s faster and most importantly less messy! What’s your favorite spaghetti dish?
Spaghetti Bolognese …
Spaghetti & meatballs …
Creamy mushroom & sun-dried tomato Spaghetti …
Well, the last one will definitely be one of your favorite dishes once you have tried it! It’s my new recipe for perfect creamy spaghetti sauce with button mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. As the title says it’s creamy, it’s rich and full of flavor! It’s soo good your guests will ask for a second helping!
Still not sure about this dish? Well, let me tell you that there is no other creamy mushroom & sun-dried tomato spaghetti dish like this. Actually, there shouldn’t be as this came right out of my head (or pantry) on one rainy and windy day when I didn’t feel like running to the grocery shop to stock up our fridge. So this dish is one of those that I call “what I found in the pantry” dish. A perfect dinner meal for busy families and those who love creamy sauces!
The combination of sun-dried tomatoes, button mushrooms, fresh cream and parsley creates a unique flavor that requires no seasoning whatsoever!
The recipe for Creamy Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti is right below so be sure to check it!
Creamy Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti
- Peel and cut the onion in half. Slice it and throw in a large frying pan. At the same time add olive oil. Sauté the onion on a low-medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice sun dried tomatoes into strips and add to the pan.
- Cook spaghetti (or any other pasta) according to packet instructions.
- Rinse button mushrooms, remove the stems and peel off the outer skin using your hand or a knife. I peel the skin in order to remove all the dirt from the mushrooms. The skin comes off really easily. Slice them and add to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid, add a few tablespoons of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and coarsely chop the parsley. Throw it in the pan and sauté for a minute before adding fresh cream.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer until the cream thickens. If you want to thin the cream, pour in some water (about 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup). This will also make the sauce a bit lighter.
- Taste it and season with salt if necessary. I did not use any salt at all to season the sauce because it wasn’t needed. However, you will see whether your sauce need adding some salt to it once you taste it!
- Pour the sauce over spaghetti and mix well. Serve while still warm!
Happy Cooking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Lunch & Dinner Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.