Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti is an easy and delicious dish ready in 20 minutes! Shrimp cooked in butter-y tomato sauce with garlic and served with pasta!
If I had to choose between tomato based sauce and cream based sauce I would always go for tomato based sauce! I simply love tomatoes! I put them on pizza, I make soups with them, I eat them fresh and make a lot of sauces with them! They are simply delicious no matter where or how you use them.
Now I realized that I only have one tomato based sauce recipe up on the blog: This vegetarian pasta sauce with caper berries. I couldn’t believe it! Because this needed to be changed I am bringing you a very easy spicy shrimp spaghetti recipe!
Guys, this seafood pasta with tomato based sauce is a must try dish. If you like tomatoes and shrimp that is!
How to make spicy shrimp spaghetti:
The fastest way to make this dish is starting off with spaghetti. Get a pot and fill it with water. Check the package for instructions on time and water amount. 400g of spaghetti should feed 4 people. It will take about 10 minutes for the water to boil and roughly the same time for spaghetti to be cooked. Now like I said check the package to confirm this as I once bought extra thin spaghetti that needed only 3 minutes to cook.
I bought medium shrimp. The shrimp was already pre-cooked so all I needed to do was heating it up. I was after fresh shrimp but there is no chance I can get my hands on those in our local supermarket.
If you prefer using fresh shrimp, then by no means go ahead and buy some. Just buy about 500g/1.1lb instead of 400g/0.8lb. If it is peeled and deveined you are good to go, if not you might need about 20 minutes to peel and devein these. Also for cooking time – throw them in the sauce 2-3 minutes earlier so they cook through.
This tomato based sauce is very easy to make. All you need is a large frying pan (or a wide bottom pot/sauce pan).
Butter, chopped tomatoes (possibly fresh ones), garlic, parsley, soy sauce, chili & shrimp!
Shrimp will go in at last. Bear in mind that you need to cook fresh shrimp while pre-cooked needs only reheating.
I did not use salt at all here. All I added was soy sauce which is quite salty so there was no need for extra salt. Butter, garlic and parsley do the trick here and “season” the sauce perfectly!
What I like about spicy shrimp spaghetti:
It’s easy – It is indeed a very easy shrimp pasta recipe
It’s fast – The whole dish is ready in 20 minutes!
It’s yummylicious – buttery tomato sauce full of flavor!
Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti is an easy and delicious dish ready in 20 minutes. Shrimp cooked in butter-y tomato sauce with garlic and served with pasta.
- Start off with spaghetti. Cook them according to packet instructions. This is a quick recipe so they should be ready at the same time as the sauce.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter, add chopped tomatoes and cook on high temperature for 3-4 minutes. If needed, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Meanwhile: Peel & thinly slice the garlic. Wash the chilies & slice them as well (I used 1 chili pepper – this was a very mild variety but you can add as much as you like – either less or more!
- Add garlic + chili to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- At last throw in the shrimp & finely chopped parsley, add soy sauce, mix well & cook for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is heated through. Taste the sauce and season with salt, if needed.
- Mix the sauce with drained spaghetti and serve!
Browse more Lunch & Dinner Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.