A simple recipe for fresh strawberry butter. This sweet flavored butter is light and fluffy and is perfect for all kinds of quick breads, sweet rolls or croissants. Only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes is all it takes to make it!
Sweet flavored butters can be pretty addictive. I like them a lot and slather them onto anything really.
If you are more into savory stuff, Roasted Garlic Butter might be something you would enjoy more.
Where to use fresh strawberry butter?
Challah, croissants, bagels, artisan bread, toasts, banana bread, homemade sweet rolls. There are so many options!
How to make fresh strawberry butter
Make sure to rinse and pat dry the strawberries first. Then you simply cut them into small pieces.
Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until it is creamy. Now it’s time to add the strawberries and mix again until the butter turns pink-ish. Taste it and add more strawberries or sugar if you feel like it’s needed.
When I make this strawberry flavored butter I always try to eat it within days and that is why I only make small amounts or as much as I need. The reason is that fresh fruits go usually off quickly so to avoid spoiling the butter it’s better to make smaller rather than larger amount.
Useful tips for making fresh strawberry butter
- Make this butter in smaller portions. This way you will more likely use up what you made within days. You will also be able to enjoy it at its best quality.
- Because it contains fresh strawberries I don’t recommend keeping it longer than 4 days.
- Avoid using food processor as it can cause the strawberries and butter separate from each other. It’s still edible but looks less appetizing.
- Make sure the strawberries are also at room temperature. If they are taken right from the fridge, they may also be the reason for the homemade strawberry butter to split.
Fresh Strawberry Butter
- 8-10 Fresh Strawberries , at room temperature (100 grams)
- 4 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter , at room temperature (110 grams)
- In a bowl, beat the butter with sugar until creamy.
- Cut the strawberries into tiny pieces and add them into the bowl. Mix them for a minute or two or until the strawberries have colored the butter pink.
- Powdered sugar (US) = Icing sugar (UK).
- The butter cannot be substituted with margarine or any other butter substitutes.
- Store sealed in a jar in your fridge.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving.
- I don’t recommend using food processor here as the butter and strawberries can separate completely.
- Best consumed within 2-4 days.
- Enjoy with croissants, toasts, English scones, bagels, challah ….