Homemade raspberry butter is the perfect sweet flavored topping for your croissants, challah, bagels or any kind of bread. A must-have item on brunch menu!
What we love about homemade raspberry butter
- Quick recipe – 3 minutes is all it takes to make it!
- Easy prep – no special equipment needed (food processor is handy but not essential).
- Rich flavor – delicious, creamy and flavorful.
- Minimum effort – all you have to do is combine two ingredients and serve.
Sweet flavored butters turn any bread into a delicious treat, don’t you think so? I like to spread them onto any kind of bread – sweet, quick bread, artisan – the options are endless.
Sometimes I have hard time choosing what flavor to go for: Should I make Fresh Strawberry Butter, Cinnamon Honey Butter or raspberry butter? They are all completely different yet they all taste amazing!
By the way, for savory flavors lovers Roasted Garlic Butter is a great option.
How to make homemade raspberry butter
I only used 2 simple ingredients: raspberry jam and shop-bought unsalted butter. But if you want to go the extra mile, make homemade butter yourself! If you have whipping cream or heavy cream on hand and no idea what to do with it, you could definitely give it a go!
The key to the best raspberry butter recipe is having both ingredients at room temperature. Now all you have to do is combine these two ingredients either by hand (with a wooden spoon) or in a food processor or with electric mixer.
Useful tips for making raspberry butter
- This butter needs to be stored in the fridge in a sealed jar or air-tight container.
- When you store it properly, it can last up to 2 weeks. However, I prefer consuming it within a week.
- Always bring the butter to a room temperature before spreading (the time will vary depending on how warm your room is – count with 10-15 minutes).
- Use Homemade Strawberry Jam instead of raspberry jam.
Homemade Raspberry Butter
- In a bowl or in a food processor combine both ingredients until smooth.
- Enjoy with rolls, quick breads, croissants, …
- Keep this sweet butter in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- If stored properly, it can last up to 2 weeks.
- Bring to the room temperature before serving.
- The amount of jam used can be adjusted to your liking.
- The butter can be also stored in the freezer, wrapped in baking parchment.