Boost your immune system with this healthy carrot soup! It’s creamy, sweet and rich in antioxidants! A perfect soup for colder weather!
October is here and so is fall! Well, technically fall arrived a good few days ago but still! It’s FALL! Even though Spain is still lucky enough to be enjoying warm sunny days, you can already feel the temperature drop in the mornings and evenings.
And because many of you might be experiencing way lower temperatures than we do, I made this super healthy carrot soup. Because not only the temperatures go down but the amount of rainy (and windy) days increase and somehow viruses love this time of year.
Did you know that viruses are sensitive to UV light? I didn’t. Apparently it destroys their DNA. So it is pretty simple to figure out why there are more viruses in fall and winter: less light = more viruses. Of course, there are other factors that help viruses spread around so in order to stay immune we tend to eat more vitamins.
And that’s where this healthy carrot soup recipe with ginger comes in! It’s packed with vitamins, minerals and boosts your immune system!
This is a wonderful recipe for super easy carrot soup. I would have never guessed myself that such a simple soup can taste so good! A great soup for chilly days!
I came across this recipe in summer (browsing through one old winter issue of a food magazine I found at my parents house) and I had to make it right away! Somehow I felt like this would be a very tasty recipe and it was indeed.
I made one or two changes to it like not adding potato in it and garnishing with parsley, sour cream and black pepper. Even though their magazine picture looked amazing I opted for a simpler version that is a bit lighter.
I am glad I did because this soup doesn’t need those extra bits and pieces. However, if you want to get a cool looking pictures then go ahead and add a few more items of your choice.
There is not much to explain when it comes to cooking this soup. You could call it a 5 ingredient carrot soup but I guess it sounds weird as it’s a carrot soup so what other 4 ingredients you need, right? Actually, because I am using vegetable stock it makes it 6 ingredients.
Carrots + Vegetable stock + Unsalted butter + Onion + Ginger + Salt = Easy-peasy and healthy carrot soup!
TIP: Vegetable stock vs water – stock is always better than water. Use it if you can! If not, use water but you might need to add some more seasoning.
Check out my other soup recipes:
- 20-Minute Red Bean Soup
- Oven Roasted Beet Soup with Coconut
- Easy Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Homemade French Onion Soup
- Instant Pot Borscht
Healthy Carrot Soup
- 1.3 pounds Carrots (600 grams)
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock or Water (1 liter)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (30 grams)
- 1 Medium Onion
- Small Piece of Ginger , about the size of a hazelnut
- Salt to Taste
- Peel and dice the onion. In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add diced onion. Saute until translucent.
- Meanwhile wash, peel and slice carrots. Add them to the pan and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice ginger and throw it in the pot. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once the carrots have softened (This should take about 15-20 minutes), turn off the heat and let it cool down a bit before pureeing the mixture until smooth.
- Transfer into individual plates/bowls and serve!