This is an orange Julius recipe with fresh orange juice, milk, vanilla and ice. It can be sweetened with a sweetener of your choice. Our favorite is maple syrup!
If you are looking for healthy drink recipes that are easy to make and taste good, Orange Julius is a way to go.
It’s creamy, frothy and so easy to make! I did not use any refined sugar to make this orange Julius which makes it the perfect drink for anyone who is trying to avoid consuming over-sweetened beverages.
Orange Julius ingredients:
- Fresh orange juice
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Maple syrup
How to make an orange Julius
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This should take about 30 seconds, depending on how powerful your blender is. That is all it takes.
Maple syrup – if you don’t have it on hand, use honey, agave syrup or another sweetener of your choice. The quantity will depend on your taste as well as the sweetness of oranges.
Oranges – You can substitute them with 100% fresh orange juice as well. You will need 2 cups to make this orange Julius recipe.
Milk – you cannot omit milk. If you do, it won’t be an orange Julius. You can, however, use other kind of milk if you like. Just note, it may not froth so well.
Vanilla extract – can be omitted completely, if you don’t have it on hand.
- Valencia oranges are perfect for juicing so if you can, buy those. They are very juicy inside and don’t usually have a thick skin.
- This tasty summer drink is best enjoyed right away as it loses its creaminess and foam when it sits at a counter. What you can do is prepare all the ingredients ahead and throw them in your blender right before you want to serve it.
- This recipe yields 25 ounces (750 milliliters) or about 3 cups of liquid. The number of servings you get will depend on the size of glasses you use. The smaller the glasses, the more servings. I used 7 oz/200 ml glasses for photos which would serve 4 (if not topped up to the rim) or 2 (large portions).
Here are more refreshing summer drinks for you to try. All of these are healthy and use none or just a little amount of refined sugar to make them as healthy as possible, yet still delicious.
- Juice the oranges and pour the freshly squeezed juice in your blender. Add ice, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Cover with lid and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve right away!
- Instead of fresh oranges, you can use 100% orange juice. Avoid using orange juice drink.
- Maple syrup can be substituted with honey or other sweetener. You can add as much/little as you like.
- Vanilla extract can be omitted completely.
- For more tips or if in doubt, please read the post above this recipe card. It also contains step by step process photos.