This is a simple roasted red pepper sauce for pasta. Made with roasted vegetables including cauliflower and peppers, this pasta sauce keeps well in the fridge. Also vegan-friendly!
It’s a versatile recipe and the ingredients can be adjusted to your liking, giving you a different flavor profile every time you make it.
This roasted red pepper sauce can be just stirred into warm pasta or warmed on a skillet with some pasta water, which will also make it slightly thinner.
I only use this roasted red pepper sauce for pasta, but if you like, you could try spreading some on toasted bread and top it with avocado, gnocchi would also work well. It could also be part of a Buddha Bowl.
- Vegans – dried red pepper chili flakes, olives, fresh parsley.
- Low-carb diets – Parmesan or other cheese.
- Others – any of the above mentioned.
How to make roasted red pepper sauce?
Roasted vegetables are processed in a food processor until smooth. Then, all you have o do is taste it and season to your liking and your pasta sauce is ready to be served!
How long will roasted red pepper sauce keep in the fridge?
Once ready, this simple pasta sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container!
Tips for making the best roasted red pepper pasta sauce
- You can easily adjust the quantities of the ingredients to your liking. Depending on how much of each you use, you will end up with a slightly different flavor profile.
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower and roasted peppers are the main ingredients in this roasted red pepper sauce recipe, but you can also add eggplant if you like. It’s a great addition!
- I recommend following the recipe for seasoning and add more seasoning at the very end after tasting it.
- This roasted pepper recipe calls for jarred roasted peppers. I haven’t tried myself roasting peppers in the oven, so not sure how much time they need in the oven.
More pasta recipes you might like:
- Baked Bean Sauce for Pasta.
- Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce – this sauce is also vegan.
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- Tuna Pasta Bake
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
- Divide cauliflower into florets and transfer these into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over and season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Toss around until the cauliflower is well coated.
- Remove any loose outer layers from garlic and cut the top off. Cut onion into quarters and separate the layers.
- Spread all the veggies on a baking sheet (10×15-inch is the perfect size) and bake at 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) for about 30 minutes.
- When done, take it out and let it cool down a bit. When cooled, peel the garlic cloves and transfer them altogether with the cauliflower florets, onion and drained roasted peppers into a food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and add seasoning to your taste.
- Serve with spaghetti or pasta of your choice.
- This roasted red pepper pasta sauce will be enough for up to 5 portions of pasta (counting with 2.5-3 ounces of pasta per person). The recipe should yield 2 cups of sauce.
- You can easily adjust the quantities of the ingredients to your liking.
- This sauce can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container or jar for 4-5 days.
- More tips and answers to FAQ’s can be found in the post above this recipe card.