Start your day with this mouth-watering toasted sourdough bread with avocado spread! Simple, healthy & very very tasty! Avocados are full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, chia seeds are great source of protein and will help clean your digestive system.
Arugula leaves will boost your immune system! The best thing is these are not the only “goodies” your body will get from eating the above mentioned foods! There are more nutrients hiding inside each one of them!
Are you still skeptical about eating avocados? Well, when I tried avocado for the first time (many many years back) I didn’t like it. I found it too soft and well, too weird! But funny thing, when I gave it a try again shortly afterwards I somehow changed my opinion on this vegetable (actually, technically it’s a fruit).
These days I just cannot imagine myself not eating this green deliciousness at least once per week!
If you would like to try my toasted sourdough bread with avocado spread (+ a few other toppings) have a look at my recipe:
Start your day with this mouth-watering toasted sourdough bread with avocado spread. Simple, healthy & very very tasty.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in the oven.
- Meanwhile: Wash the avocados, cut them in half and remove the peck. Using fork take out the flesh and place in a bowl. Mash the flesh with fork to get a paste. Add chia seeds, olive oil, a generous splash of lemon juice (freshly squeezed) and mix all together.
- Place the toasted bread onto a plate & spread the avocado mix over. Top with arugula leaves and a few slices of goat cheese.
- Add some black pepper and an extra splash of olive oil, if desired.
- Serve for breakfast or as a snack any time of the day!
Browse more Breakfast Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.