Halloween snacks made with Ritz crackers are fun to make and only take minutes to prepare! Easily customizable, these easy Halloween appetizers should not be missing from your Halloween party menu.
If you are looking for Halloween finger foods that require minimal effort or last-minute Halloween snack recipe, or fun Halloween snacks for kids, you are at the right place. With a 10-minute prep time you can easily manage a few batches, if needed.
Kids can make them easily themselves, so this could be a fun project for them.
Tools you need to make these easy Halloween appetizers:
- A bread knife (or spatula or any knife you have)
- Pumpkin Cookie Cutter
Now, it does not really matter what tool you use for spreading the cream cheese onto each cracker so use anything you have on hand.
As for the cookie cutter – you can use any mini Halloween-themed cookie cutters. Whether it is a ghost, or bat, or pumpkin. Just try to find one that fits the crackers. You can still make these Halloween snacks with a larger cutter, but I would not go over 2.2 inches (5.8 cm) as the Ritz crackers are quite tiny.
- Ritz Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Salami Slices
- Sliced Red Cheddar Cheese
How to make Ritz Cracker Halloween snacks with cheese and salami
Spread a little bit of cream cheese over each cracker. This will help the salami stay in place, so it won’t slide of the Ritz cracker.
Then, use pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out pumpkin shapes from cheese slices and place them onto each cracker and you are done.
All you have to do is transfer these easy Halloween appetizers onto a serving plate/tray and serve!
What to do with cheese leftovers?
Keep them in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in your fridge and use as a topping for pasta, pizza, casserole or pasta bake dishes (Tuna Pasta Bake is a delicious main).
Easy Recipes for Halloween Party
Halloween Ritz Cracker Snacks
- 12 Ritz Crackers
- 1 tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 12 Salami Slices
- 6 Slices of Red Cheddar Cheese
- Spread each cracker with a little bit of cream cheese and top them with salami.
- Use a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out pumpkin shapes from cheese and place them onto crackers.
- Transfer to a serving tray or plate and serve!
- My pumpkin cutter is slightly larger than the crackers. Try to find similar-sized one than the crackers are, if possible.
- Cream cheese – you can substitute this with pesto, if you like.
- Salami – I found salami slices that fit the Ritz crackers, if you can’t you can use deli ham instead and cut use a small circle cutter to cut small circles out.
- Cheese - you might need more or less cheese slices. This will depend on their size as well as on the size of your cutter.
- You can also simplify this recipe and omit cream cheese and salami and only use cheese on crackers.
- Please take the nutritional values (especially for calories and fat) only as a guide. The calorie count will be lower than the numbers provided. This is because when the values are calculated, they don’t take into account leftovers and cut-offs. (i.e. I needed 6 slices of cheese but used about 50% of each slice. You might only need 3 slices and you will be able to cut 4 pumpkins out of each slice which means you will use less cheese and so the calorie count would be lower).