This refreshing iced oat milk latte recipe is a perfect blend of oat milk and instant coffee. It has a smooth and creamy taste and takes only 1 minute to make!
This iced latte recipe uses oat milk. It is suitable for vegans and those who have lactose allergies or don’t/can’t drink cow’s milk. Or, if you are breastfeeding and your baby is sensitive to cow’s protein.
How to make an iced latte with oat milk
- Mason jar – Or any other glass jar with a lid where you can shake well all the ingredients.
- Ice cube tray – For the ice (if you make it yourself that is).
- Spoon – If you use honey as a sweetener, you will need to stir it well as it does not dilute well in cold drinks.
- Instant coffee – Ground coffee will not work here but you can use a cold brew concentrate as a substitute.
- Oat milk – We love the Oatly barista edition!
- Water – Use filtered or bottled water to achieve the best taste. If you have good quality tap water and don’t mind its taste, feel free to use it to make this oatmilk latte.
- Ice cubes.
- Maple syrup – It is a delicious sweetener and adds a ton of flavor to this iced coffee. However, you can use anything you like – brown or white sugar, honey, stevia, agave syrup…
Place all the ingredients except for the ice in a thermos mug, mason jar, or any glass jar, cover with a lid and shake well.
The most important thing is that the instant coffee dissolves in water. Tip: Do you have a cocktail shaker? If you do, use it!
If you want, you can add the ice to the serving glass and pour the iced oat milk latte over.
Frequently asked questions:
How many calories are in a cup of iced oat milk latte?
There are 109 calories in 1 cup (250 milliliters) when following the recipe to a T. This number can be different when you use more/less oat milk, coffee, or sweetener.
Tip: if you are counting calories, check the oat milk you buy. The calorie count can also vary from brand to brand.
Are iced oat milk lattes good?
Yes, they are delicious and can be enjoyed by anyone, not only those following a particular diet or lifestyle. Make it to your taste and you will love it! Tip: Use barista edition oat milk for a richer flavor!
- Use a thermos insulated mug or bottle to make the latte and keep it there! You will have 1 glass less to wash and your drink will stay cool for longer! Or simply use it as a shaker, as I do.
- Don’t have ice on hand? Don’t worry. Just pop your water in the fridge overnight (or at least several hours prior to making this oat milk latte) and use it. It should give you a pretty good result!
- If you don’t like instant coffee, feel free to use 1 or 2 espresso shots instead (chill it first).
More summer drinks with coffee and tea you might like:
- Greek Frappe – If you can’t go to Greece this year, why not bring Greece home by making their favorite summer coffee!
- Matcha Iced Tea – One of my favorite summer drinks. Make a large batch and enjoy it throughout the week!
- Iced Caramel Latte
- Instant Iced Coffee
- Mint and Lemon Iced Tea
Iced Oat Milk Latte
- In a glass jar, small mason jar, cocktail shaker or thermos mug combine coffee, oat milk, water, and maple syrup.
- Cover with lid and shake well.
- Pour in a glass over ice (or keep in thermos).
- Ground coffee will not work here so make sure you use the instant coffee granules. Alternatively, you could make an espresso, let it cool, and add more water. Or, use cold brew concentrate to make it! For a stronger flavor, add an extra teaspoon of instant coffee.
- Oat milk – We really like the Oatly barista edition but you can use anything you like or have on hand.
- Use good quality water – either filtered or bottled if your tap water does not taste good.
- You can add any sweetener you like, as much as you like.