Mixed fruit galette is one of the easiest things to bake! What is great about galette is that you can use any fruit you like (well, apart from bananas) and you don’t need any special skills to make it! It’s rustic, which also means it doesn’t have to look perfect but it still will taste amazing!
To save time, buy ready – made pastry but if you want it to be 100% homemade, then make your own one. I did go the extra mile and made Shortcrust Pastry at home. It’s quite fast but it needs some chilling in the fridge. This also means that it can be done ahead which is quite handy.
I made mixed fruit galette because I had a lot of fruit that needed to be used. I figured it would be perfect for this rustic looking galette and it was! You don’t have to pre-cook the fruits but if you do, they will have this delicious sweet & buttery taste that I really like.
Want to see how to make Mixed Fruit Galette? Watch the video!
The recipe for this mixed fruit galette is pretty simple so if you want to spend some time with your kids, do some galette baking! I am sure they will enjoy rolling out and folding the pastry!
Top it with ice cream or sour cream and enjoy while still warm (not hot)!
Also check out these homemade dessert recipes!
Mixed Fruit Galette
- Wash, peel, core and dice the fruit.
- In a pan, melt butter and sugar. Add the fruit and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off and let it cool.
- Meanwhile: Roll out the pastry into a circle (if you want to have 2 small galettes, then divide the pastry before rolling into 2). Place it onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. To prevent the pastry from tearing, wrap it around your rolling pin and transfer onto the baking paper.
- Place the fruit mix in the middle of the pastry (don’t allow much of the liquid onto the pastry – it might become soggy).
- With your hands start folding the outer edges of your pastry towards the middle, make sure the pastry is overlapping the fruit filling. This is a rustic pie so it doesn’t matter how it looks as long as the edges are “closed” somehow.
- Optional: brush the pastry edges with egg wash (egg or egg yolk, beaten with a bit of water).
- Bake at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with ice cream or sour cream!
Happy Baking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Dessert Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.