This is a no bake raspberry cheesecake recipe that does not contain any gelatin. It’s the perfect dessert for summer. Made from scratch with fresh raspberries!
Summer is all about outdoor entertaining and easy no bake recipes. Recipes like no bake raspberry cheesecake (or No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake or No Bake Raspberry Icebox Cake or No Bake Irish Cream Cheesecake) are always popular during this time of year when it is unbearably hot outside.
They have easy prep and there is no gelatin used to make them.
Note that this fresh raspberry cheesecake is made in a 6-inch (15 cm) spring-form pan so it is perfect for smaller gatherings.
How to make no bake raspberry cheesecake
The crust: Crush Graham crackers (US) or Digestive biscuits (UK) and mix the crumbs with melted butter and a pinch of salt. Make sure you mix everything well before you transfer this into a springform pan. Press the crumbs down with the back of a spoon until you get a smooth surface. The crumbs cannot be loose. When done, throw the springform pan in the freezer.
The cream cheese layer: Like I’ve mentioned already, this no bake raspberry cheesecake recipe does not contain any gelatin so the mixture has to be thick.
In a medium mixing bowl mix fresh raspberries (it’s important to use fresh ones), powdered sugar and cream cheese. You will need to use an electric whisk to do this.
In another bowl, whip the cream. When done, just fold it into the raspberry mixture. After, fold in the rest of the raspberries.
To assemble this no bake raspberry cheesecake, just take the crust out from the freezer and spread the mixture over. Smoothen it with the back of a spoon or with spatula.
Cover the pan with cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Tips for making no bake raspberry cheesecake
- You can also use Oreo cookies to make the crust, if you like.
- I use unsalted butter + a pinch of salt in this cheesecake recipe. The reason for that is that I can control the amount of sodium added. If you like, you can completely omit the salt or use salted butter.
- This recipe calls for fresh raspberries so please do not use frozen ones as the final result would not be the same (the cheesecake would not hold its shape well).
- You can decorate this no bake raspberry cheesecake any way you like. Feel free to use more raspberries or less.
No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup Graham Crackers , crushed (100g)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter , melted
- A pinch of Salt
For the cream cheese layer:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (225g)
- 1.5 cup Fresh Raspberries (210g)
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar (105g)
- ½ cup Whipping Cream (125ml)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Crust: In a bowl, mix the crushed crackers with melted butter and salt until well combined. Pour the crumbs into a 6-inch (15cm) spring-form pan and press down hard with the back of a spoon (or measuring cup). When ready, place the pan in the freezer.
- Cream cheese layer: In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, 1 cup of fresh raspberries and powdered sugar. When done, in a separate bowl whip the cream until stiff. Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture. At last fold in the remaining raspberries.
- Assembling: Take the spring-form pan out from the freezer. Spread the cream cheese layer over, making sure there are no air gaps (press the mixture down with a spoon). Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving (overnight is best). Decorate with fresh blueberries and serve.
- Either Graham crackers (US) or Digestive biscuits (UK) or Oreo Cookies can be used to make the crust.
- Powdered sugar (US) = Icing sugar (UK).
- Whipping cream can be substituted with heavy cream.
- The prep time does not include chilling time (3 hours or overnight).
- Do not use frozen raspberries. They would thin the cream cheese layer and the cheesecake would not hold its shape.
- If in doubt or if you need more (detailed) information or tips, please read the whole post.