This tasty no bake blueberry cheesecake is made from scratch and without any gelatin. It’s made with Oreo cookie crust, blueberry cream cheese layer and fresh blueberries.
This is a small-batch cheesecake recipe, but it can be easily doubled, if needed.
Do you need gelatin for cheesecake?
No, you don’t need to use it. This is a gelatin-free cheesecake recipe.
How to make no bake blueberry cheesecake
The whole process is easy. First, make the base – in this case Oreo cookies are crushed and combined with a pinch of salt and melted butter.
This step is pretty quick and does not require any special utensils or kitchen gadgets so if you don’t have a food processor, don’t worry! You can still make this no bake blueberry cheesecake.
Just use a rolling pin and a Ziploc bag instead.
Next step is making the blueberry cream cheese layer by combining the cream cheese with sugar, blueberry jam and vanilla extract. I use an electric mixer and it takes about a minute (or less) to combine everything together.
Now you need to fold in whipped cream. You have to whip it yourself until stiff peaks form. Don’t use the one that you just spray on top of ice cream or cakes. That one will not work here.
Spread this cream cheese mixture over, cover with cling film and refrigerate. You can make it ahead and leave it in the fridge overnight.
How long does cheesecake take to set?
The times may vary depending on the ingredients you use. Some fillings may be thicker than others. Usually, a gelatin is used to set this dessert.
This no bake cherry cheesecake needs to sit for 3 hours in the fridge. After this time, you can serve it, if you like. It will be soft but will hold its shape well.
More dessert recipes for you to try:
Tips for making no bake blueberry cheesecake
- This is a recipe for a small cheesecake. To make it, you will need a Springform Pan that is 7-inch/17-18cm wide. Even though it is a small cake pan, you can still feed about 6 people.
- This no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe can be easily doubled. If you do, use a large springform pan (about 10-inch/26cm wide).
- The cream cheese mixture should be stiff and not runny!
- Top this cheesecake with fresh blueberries or blueberry sauce.
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
For the cream cheese layer:
For the topping:
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Zest , optional
- Crust: Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs. Transfer this into a bowl, add salt and melted butter. Stir well. Transfer the crumbs into a 7-inch/18 cm spring-form pan and press down using the back of a flat measuring cup (or a spoon). Place in the freezer until the rest of the prep is done.
- Cream cheese layer: In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, blueberry jam and vanilla extract. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour this over the Oreo crust, spread around evenly and smoothen with the back of a spoon. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Top with fresh blueberries or blueberry sauce (optional) and lemon zest (optional).
- Powdered sugar = Icing sugar = Confectioner’s sugar.
- Heavy cream can be substituted with whipping cream.
- The prep time recipe does not include the chilling in the fridge.