This is an easy non-alcoholic mulled wine recipe, perfect for kids or anyone who would like to enjoy this classic boozy holiday drink without alcohol. Instructions for slow cooker and stovetop included!
5 reasons to make non-alcoholic mulled wine
- Easy recipe – why not involve your kids in making it?
- Only a few ingredients
- Perfect warm drink for the holiday season
- Ingredients can be adjusted to your liking
- Your house will smell amazing thanks to mulled spices that are simmering away in juice
I love making this kid-friendly homemade mulled wine in the crockpot because you can keep it on WARM until you are ready to serve. However, if you don’t have this kitchen gadget, I also included instructions for the stovetop.
How to make non-alcoholic mulled wine with cranberry juice
All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker or in a pot and simmer on low until the juice is infused with mulling spices.
The only “hard” work is cutting oranges into thin slices and squeezing the juice out of them. You can add as many orange slices to the juice as you like.
If you are into making DIY edible gifts, you can also make candied oranges dipped in chocolate.
This mulled wine drink can be also made ahead, stored in the fridge and re-heated the following day, if needed!
Tips for making alcohol-free mulled wine
- I used cranberry juice to make this homemade mulled wine without alcohol. If you don’t like it or if you are looking for substitutions, try using grape or pomegranate juice instead.
- What about throwing some fresh pomegranate seeds in instead of cranberries?
- For adults, I have a recipe for homemade mulled wine.
- Serve this simple mulled wine recipe with roasted almonds! They make a great snack and go so well together.
- For kids, strain the spices, for adults you can leave them in (or add some extras for decoration), if you like.
More tasty winter drinks:
In case you are expecting guests who can’t eat dairy products or who are vegans, make them a cup of hot cocoa with almond milk.
They will definitely appreciate your effort!
Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- Cut 1 orange into thin slices. Squeeze the juice out of the other orange. Organic oranges are best. With regular oranges, let them sit in hot water for 5-10 minutes and rinse under running water to get rid of any possible wax or pesticide residue.
- For Stovetop: Put all the ingredients in a pot (see note 1). Simmer on low for 20 minutes (for stronger spiced flavor, simmer longer or turn it off and let it infuse for up to 1 hour).
- For Slow Cooker: Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker (see note 1) and cover with a lid. Cook on LOW for 1.5 hours. Keep on WARM until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled or halved.
- You can make this ahead and re-heat when needed. If you leave the spices in, they will infuse the juice more making it stronger.
- This recipe does not call for any sugar as the cranberry juice I used was sweet enough. I recommend you taste it after it has been simmered and add sugar, if you feel it is needed.
- I used an 8-ounce (240-milliliter) cups. If you use smaller cups, you will get more servings out of this recipe. If you use larger ones, you will get less.