This homemade pâté is rich in flavor with a hint of mushrooms and red wine. Absolutely delicious on a slice of warm toast or as a snack (appetizer) at your party!
One day while reading food magazine I came across a recipe for homemade pork liver pate and I knew I was going to try make one as well. So finally the day has come! I have the liver on my kitchen work top and standing there reading the recipe I realize that I don’t have half of the ingredients for it! Imagine that! Have you ever been in such situation? Being so excited about one thing and forgetting the rest? Yep.
That’s what happened to me that day! And because I really did not feel like going back to the shop anymore I had to improvise. So I did! I think I did pretty well considering it was my first time ever making pâté! This pâté has quite thick consistency but this can be thinned by adding more butter.
Now I used pork liver instead of chicken liver. If you prefer milder taste, then simply use chicken liver.
This homemade pâté is rich in flavor with a hint of mushrooms and red wine. Absolutely delicious on a slice of warm toast or as a snack (appetizer) at your party.
- Boil porcini mushrooms in a sauce pan for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain the water.
- In a frying pan, melt butter and sauté onions with garlic over medium heat.
- Rinse the livers, cut in small pieces and add to the pan alongside with mushrooms. Pour the wine in and bring to the boil. Simmer until the livers are cooked throughout.
- Let it cool down before transferring into a food processor. Process until smooth (if you feel like the pate is too hard, add some more melted butter) Season with salt & black pepper.
- Let it cool completely before transferring into jars.
- Store in the fridge! Eat within a week.
Browse more Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.