Goat cheese salad with crispy croutons and walnut dressing is quick and easy to make. This healthy summer salad is refreshing and perfect for outdoor entertaining!
This easy recipe for goat cheese salad is my new favorite summer lunch meal. It’s light, healthy and so perfect for summer! It’s also a perfect side for Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken or Honey Lemon Grilled Chicken or any other grilled meats.
The walnut dressing that goes so well with this goat cheese salad should not be omitted. It was my sister’s idea and to tell you the truth I was not sure if that was the dressing I was looking for at first.
So guys, if you love dressing, those 3 are my favorite ones at the moment!
By the way, all three salad recipes are great for those on Mediterranean diet (here is a good post on the Mediterranean diet meal plan, in case you are interested).
How to make goat cheese salad:
Before you start, wash all the vegetables thoroughly. Cut the iceberg lettuce into bite size pieces. You can also just tear it, if you prefer. I sometimes remove the outer leaves before cutting as they tend to be wilted.
Cut tomatoes and cucumber into bite size pieces.
Throw the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber into a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled goat cheese and set aside.
You could eat this goat cheese salad as it but I highly recommend serving it with homemade walnut dressing and croutons.
For the dressing, process the walnuts in a food processor. Add the olive oil, honey and water and pulse until well combined.
Tips for making goat cheese salad
- Feel free to increase/decrease the amount of any ingredient in the salad to your liking.
- I recommend serving the dressing separately. This way the croutons stay crispy and the salad crispy and fresher.
- The croutons are a delicious addition to this salad. You can either buy them or make homemade ones by slicing artisan bread and toasting in on a frying pan (use as much oil as you like, but I prefer using only a little amount).
- If you don’t have extra virgin olive oil, use any olive oil you have on hand. I don’t recommend substituting this oil with vegetable or sunflower oils.
Goat Cheese Salad with Walnut Dressing
- 12 ounces Iceberg Lettuce (350g)
- 6 ounces Tomatoes (170g)
- 6 ounces Cucumber (170g)
- Goat Cheese to your taste
- 1 cup Croutons
- Rinse the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber under runny water. Cut everything into bite-size pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. Add goat cheese and croutons.
- To make the walnut dressing, process the whole walnuts in a food processor. Add olive oil, honey and water and pulse until well combined.
- The amount of the ingredients in the salad can be increased or decreased to your liking.
- Serve the dressing separately to avoid the croutons going soggy.
- Vegan option – omit the goat cheese and use maple syrup instead of honey to make the dressing.