Imagine waffles, blueberries and white chocolate mousse. Put everything together, top with sweet blueberry sauce and no bake blueberry waffle cake is born!
Guys! Do you love waffles, blueberries and white chocolate? And do you love homemade desserts? If you do, you will love this easy no bake blueberry waffle cake!
Have you ever thought of using waffles as a base for your cake? No? Then now is the time to try it! It’s so easy and quick. Quicker than the traditional graham cracker/oreo cookie crust.
To make this waffle “crust” just get some shop-bought waffles and fill the bottom of your cake pan with them. Now make sure there are no gaps in between them – you don’t wanna the white chocolate layer run through.
By the way, if you have a waffle maker then make your own! This no bake blueberry cake will taste even better!
Why to make this no bake waffle cake?
- It’s a no bake dessert which makes it a pretty easy sweet treat to make.
- It t has waffles in it! Isn’t that cool?
- And also because it tastes divine!
How to make no bake waffle cake?
The process is easy-peasy: waffles + fresh blueberries + creamy white chocolate mousse. You will need to refrigerate this for 2 hours before slicing. I sliced my no bake waffle cake exactly two hours later and it was perfect. The chocolate layer was set just right. If you leave this cake in the fridge overnight the white chocolate layer will set more.
Guys, this waffle cake wouldn’t be complete without blueberry sauce. It’s so easy to make and tastes amazingly delicious. Plus the combination of chilled cake and warm sauce is just perfect. Yummy!
I used a 7 x 7 inch cake pan that will easily feed a family of 4-6. The recipe can also be doubled, if needed. I used about 3.5 ounces of waffles to make this cake. However, each waffle can have a different weight so bear this in mind. You will need enough to cover your cake pan.
Easy desserts to make at home without oven:
This post first appeared on Tastes of Lizzy T blog where I am a contributor.
White Chocolate Waffle Cake with Blueberries
- 3.5 oz Waffles 100g
White chocolate layer:
- 7 oz White Chocolate (200g)
- 4 Gelatin Sheets
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries (125g)
- 2 cups Whipping Cream (500ml)
- Line your cake pan with tin foil or baking parchment paper. Cover the bottom with waffles. Make sure there are no empty spaces in between them. Now scatter fresh blueberries over the waffles.
- Melt white chocolate with 1 cup whipping cream over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly before stirring in gelatin sheets that have been soaked in water (follow the package instructions). Let it cool down.
- Whip the rest of the cream and fold it into the chocolate mixture. Pour it into the cake pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before serving make the blueberry topping by simmering blueberries, sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a small sauce pan. When the berries have soften and the sugar has melted add cornstarch that you have dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Slice the cake, pour the blueberry sauce over each slice and serve!