Broccoli Tomato Pasta Salad is a quick dish perfect for lunch, dinner, meal-prep, picnic or as a side. Ready in 20 minutes, this easy salad will become your favorite!
I rarely say no to a good pasta dish and I also feel like my week wouldn’t be complete without a pasta meal. Meal like this broccoli tomato pasta salad!
It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners, for meal-prep, picnics, barbecues … I love to eat this pasta salad for lunch or a quick dinner. The combination of juicy cherry tomatoes with broccoli and feta is definitely my favorite.
When you check my pasta recipes you will notice that most of them if not all are quick and easy to make. Spaghetti Aglio Olio Peperoncino, Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti, Spicy Parmesan Pasta are among the easiest ones.
Now, from time to time I also make homemade pasta. It’s great fun but they take a while to make, especially when you need to do the rolling yourself.
To make this easy tomato broccoli pasta salad I did not make pasta from scratch for two simple reasons. One I was pretty hungry. Two I think pasta salads taste better with shop-bought pasta. You need a good sauce for homemade pasta.
How to make broccoli tomato pasta salad:
Boil the pasta and broccoli together but don’t throw everything in the pot at the same time. Bear in mind that broccoli needs only 5 minutes to cook so check the pasta packet instructions for cooking time.
Meanwhile, you can get ready your colander, rinse and cut the tomatoes in halves and mince garlic and onion.
5 minutes before your pasta is almost ready, throw in broccoli and heat up olive oil in the largest frying pan (if you don’t have a large frying pan, use a medium-large sauce pan instead). Add onion and sauté until translucent. Now add garlic and stir regularly – you don’t want to burn the garlic but what you wanna is for the garlic to release its aroma and turn brown-ish.
Then it’s time to throw in halved cherry tomatoes. They only need about a minute as they are quite small. You want them to soften, not to go mushy.
Turn off the heat. In a serving bowl mix together drained pasta, broccoli and the rest of the ingredients. Top with a lot of Feta cheese and serve!
Good to know when making tomato broccoli pasta salad:
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
- This pasta salad can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- If you follow the recipe instructions to a T, your lunch/dinner should be ready in 20 minutes!
- Start off with boiling water for the pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile: Peel and slice the onion into strips. Peel the garlic and mince it with knife or run it through a garlic press (preferably) – set aside. Wash the broccoli and divide into florets.
- When the water is boiling, add salt and throw in the pasta. Check the pasta packet instructions for time and add broccoli florets 5 minutes before the end time.
- Saute onion for about 3 minutes before adding garlic. Stir it around - garlic tends to burn pretty quick. Throw in cherry tomatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- In a serving bowl combine together drained pasta, broccoli and the sautéed mix. Drizzle with some more oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Divide into 2 plates and top with a generous amount of Feta. Best served right away.