This quick recipe for Chicken Broccoli Fried Rice makes the perfect weeknight dinner or quick lunch. Leftover rice, turmeric seasoned chicken pieces, broccoli and egg are turned into a delicious and easy to make meal.
I am all about quick, easy and tasty recipes and this chicken broccoli fried rice is definitely one of them.
What I like about this recipe is the fact that I can use leftover rice to make it. This saves a lot of time and brings down the overall cooking time.
If you have a pressure cooker, then I highly recommend giving Instant Pot Fried Rice a go. It is one of my favorite recipes.
But let’s talk more about chicken broccoli fried rice!
How to make broccoli fried rice with chicken
Start off with sautéing the broccoli. Now I divide the florets into tiny pieces. Sautéing will only take about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile prep the chicken by cutting it into thin strips and seasoning these with salt, pepper and turmeric powder. You will need to use your hands to evenly coat the pieces with turmeric.
When the broccoli is ready transfer it into a large bowl. Add more oil to the pan and stir-fry the chicken pieces until they are cooked through.
Small, thin pieces will only need about 4 minutes to be fully cooked. However, always check them by cutting one or two in half. When ready, transfer them into the bowl.
Add cooked rice to the pan (without oil) and fry for a few minutes or until it is warm enough. Make a well in the middle of the pan and pour in 2 beaten eggs. Let them cook for a while before you start scrambling them until almost fully cooked.
Then, mix with the rice, add broccoli and chicken, season with salt and pepper and you are ready to serve!
This chicken broccoli fried rice can be served as a main or as a light side dish if you completely omit the chicken.
- Heat up 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add broccoli florets and stir-fry these on high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the chicken. Cut the breasts into thin strips. Season them with salt and pepper and rub in the turmeric.
- When the broccoli is done, transfer it into a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in the pan and throw the seasoned chicken pieces. Stir-fry until cooked through. This will take about 4-5 minutes. When ready, transfer the chicken into the same bowl.
- In the same pan, fry the rice for a few minutes. Make a well in the middle. Pour in beaten eggs and let them set for a few seconds before scrambling them. When almost done, mix the scrambled eggs with rice.
- Add the cooked broccoli and chicken and mix around. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve while still warm!
- This recipe yields 4 portions (as a main course).
- The amount of all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your liking.
- Turmeric will color your hands yellow so I recommend using gloves.