This soup is a perfect option during cold winter months!
Estonian Meatball Soup – Frikadelli Supp
- 250 g Mince
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Turnip
- 1 Leek
- 1 Parsnip
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- Fresh Dill or Dried Dill
- Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Wash, peel and chop carrots, turnip, leek, parsnip and celery into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot (medium heat) and add the chopped vegetables. Fry slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Add water (about 2 liters). If you prefer thick soup add less water or more vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and add the chicken stock cube (or chicken broth).
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Place the minced meat in a large bowl. Finely chop the onion and add to the bowl. Add the egg, salt, black pepper and mix well (use hand or a wooden spoon). Using your hands form small balls out of the mix and place them onto a plate for later.
- When 30 minutes have passed, add peeled and chopped potatoes. Simmer for further 10 minutes, then bring to the boil, add the meatballs and boil until they surface. Right before turning off the heat, sprinkle with fresh or dried dill.
- If the meatballs are cooked and the vegetables are soft the soup is ready.
- Serve with a slice of bread or a toast.
Happy Cooking from Happy Foods tube!
Browse more Soup Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.