Lasagne is a very popular Italian dish that is creamy and rich and so is its vegetarian version. Layers of pasta sheets, vegetables and white sauce topped with cheese make definitely a mouth-watering comfort dish that is hard to say no to!
Hearty Vegetable Lasagne
- 9 Lasagne Sheets
- 3 Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green)
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 200 g Grated Cheese (7oz)
- 2 Courgettes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes (390g/13.7oz)
- Salt & Pepper
- 30 g Butter (1oz)
- 70 g Flour (2.5oz)
- 600 ml Milk (20.3fl oz)
- Wash and chop the vegetables. Heat up oil in a large sauce pan and throw the vegetables in. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables get soft. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, basil, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce: Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add flour and slowly stir in milk. Cook until thickens.
- Now take a rectangular oven proof dish and cover the bottom with lasagne sheets (check what sheets you have – some of them might need to be pre-cooked). Pour over some of the white sauce and spread over the vegetable mix. Repeat until you have 3 layers.
- To finish, pour the remaining white sauce over the sheets, spread evenly and top with grated cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180°C/360°F for 40-45 minutes or until the sheets are soft and the cheese golden brown.
Happy Cooking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more tasty Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.