A combination of thick sweet chocolate caramel, creamy & refreshing citrusy lemon curd with soft & fluffy whipped cream is a dream come true dessert! The layers work well together, each of them giving your taste buds a unique flavorsome experience!
No bake dessert cups rock! Don’t you think so? I have decided to make this no bake dessert which is pretty simple to make and if you are stuck for time, you can actually buy all the ingredients! However, if you have time, have a go at making the lemon curd yourself and you won’t be disappointed!
When I read Allie’s (Baking a Moment) post about Lemon Curd a few weeks back I knew right away I was going to try it. I love lemon curd but I had never tried making it at home until now! (Well, it had been on my TO DO list for ages!) Like she said it was ready in no time and so delicious I couldn’t stop myself from “tasting” it (if you know what I mean) every two minutes!
So at the beginning I was actually thinking to myself that I should have had reduced the amount as at the exact moment it looked like a lot of lemon curd. Well, after my constant “tasting” there was not that much left anymore! I actually had to refrain myself from eating it as I knew I was going to use it in a dessert!
Watch the video for this recipe:
For the first layer I simply mixed melted chocolate with dulce de leche (caramel). This layer will get quite hard so you might want to take it out from your fridge about 30 minutes before serving.
The third and final layer of this easy dessert is whipping cream mixed with a bit of icing sugar and whipped until stiff. Garnish with some chocolate shavings and you are done! Easy peasy!
Don’t forget to check out Allie’s (Baking a moment) recipe for Homemade Lemon Curd!
Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups with Lemon Curd
- Melt the chocolate over double boiler. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until dissolved.
- Let it cool a bit before adding caramel (or dulce de leche). Mix until well combined. Pour/spoon the mixture into a zip-lock/plastic/piping bag and fill 6 cups with it. Using a teaspoon spread the mixture in the cups evenly.
- Place in your fridge for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile: pour cold whipping cream into a chilled bowl (place it in your freezer for 5 minutes prior to whipping), add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and whip until stiff. Spoon the cream into a zip-lock/piping bag and put aside for later.
- Take the cups out from the fridge and fill each one with lemon curd (about 3 teaspoons for each cup). Spread it around with the spoon.
- Top with whipped cream (make sure you keep the tip of the bag in the cup – as close to lemon curd as possible, this will reduce the number of air pockets). Fill to the top.
- Garnish with some chocolate shavings and serve!
Happy Baking with Happy Foods Tube!
Browse more Dessert Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.