This 5 vegetables spring soup is easy, light, vegetarian, and perfect for any time of the year! It’s ready in no time and gives you a vitamin boost your body needs!
Carrots, celery, potatoes, peas and onion are the main ingredients here! They are available in any supermarket but if you don’t like some of the vegetables mentioned above, simply use your favorite ones instead!
Time flies pretty fast. I feel like December was only a few weeks ago! But the truth is, the weather has been getting warmer and warmer each day here in Spain and soon enough we wake up into summer. During hot summer days I don’t feel like cooking at all. All I want to eat are watermelons and some light salads.
However, the rest of the year we tend to eat soups a lot for several reasons:
- Making soups is a pretty easy process!
- They are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber & antioxidants!
- Most soups are light and easy to digest!
- Soups help you stay hydrated during the day!
- Warm soup prepares your stomach for the main course (which is usually harder to digest)!
These are only a few benefits soups have in general. If you know about other benefits or you have some interesting and most of all delicious homemade soup recipes, let me know and I’ll put them on my “To Do Before Summer” list.
5-Ingredient Spring Vegetables Soup
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 cup Frozen/Fresh Peas
- 1 Small Onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Peel and dice the onion. Sauté it on a low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash, peel and slice carrots, celery & potatoes. Add them to the pot as well as the peas and sauté for about 2 minutes before adding 1.5 liter of water. Season with salt (about 2 teaspoons) and bring to the boil.
- Throw in the vegetable stock cube and reduce the heat to low-medium.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Spoon into bowls and serve! (Don’t forget to taste it one more time to see if it’s seasoned enough).