This creamy avocado hummus is an absolute star among dips & spreads! If you are looking for a perfect party dip – look no further! This is it! If you love hummus and avocados you will love this too!
It’s super healthy because it contains just the good stuff: avocados are excellent source of monounsaturated fatty acids, very good source of antioxidants, potassium, fiber and are cholesterol free!
Chickpeas have low glycemic index, are gluten free, help you boost your energy and contain various nutrients that your body needs (If you want to read more about this legume, have a look at our Chickpeas Post)!
We love to eat this super healthy creamy avocado hummus for breakfast spread on a slice (or 2 or 3) of toasted bread for the much needed energy boost! To get an extra crunch to it, top the bread with some pan-roasted chickpeas! Believe me this healthy avocado hummus is amazing!
This creamy avocado hummus is an absolute star among dips & spreads. If you are looking for a perfect party dip – look no further! This is it!
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight to reduce cooking time. Cook for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain the water and let them cool down (place 2 handfuls aside for roasting-optional).
- Place cooked chickpeas in a food processor, pour olive oil in and process until you get nice fine crumbs out of it.
- Wash the avocado, cut in half and remove the stone. Spoon out the flesh and place in your food processor. Pour in juice from one lemon. Again pulse until you get nice smooth spread.
- Taste it. Add salt, black pepper and some extra lemon juice, if needed.
- Optional: For some extra crunch roast a handful of cooked chickpeas on frying pan (using no or a tiny bit of butter). This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Toast bread of your choice, spread this super healthy avocado hummus over and top with roasted chickpea.
Browse more Healthy Recipes or visit our channel to see the videos.