These chewy No Bake Energy Bars are rich in fiber, antioxidants and vitamins. This easy no bake healthy snack is also gluten-free and vegan.
Guys, if you are into healthy energy bars then you have to try making these ones. They are so easy to make and only take about 10 minutes! Seriously! Ok, there is the chilling part which also takes some time but I’d say it’s worth it.
Oh, and check out these Fruity No Bake Energy Bars – they are also easy to make.
Why are these no bake energy bars good for you
All the ingredients are healthy and contain lots of nutrients:
Almonds contain fiber, protein, magnesium.
Dried plums also known as prunes contain vitamin A, potassium, fiber, they are good for your bones. If you are new to dried plums you might wanna check this article about the benefits of prunes.
Dates are a good source of potassium, iron and fiber.
Cranberries are rich in Vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, they have anti-inflammatory effect.
How to make energy bars
To make them you will need a food processor. It does not really matter what type as long as it is able to process some nuts and dried fruits.
So throw the prunes, dates and almond in your food processor and pulse until it looks like a sticky dough. It does not really matter what size the almonds will be. All you are after here is turning the dates and prunes into soft, sticky paste. This will literally take only a few seconds.
Then you just transfer this into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients – in this case it is a mixture of various seeds. Combine this together and transfer into a rectangular/square cake pan. Make sure you line the pan with baking paper. This will help you remove the bar mix from the cake pan.
Now press down hard until – make sure to press well. Try to even up the surface. Now just place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour before slicing them.
How to store no bake energy bars
The best place to store these bars in the freezer. After you cut them into bars/squares just wrap each one in a sheet of baking paper or cling film and put them in a zip-lock bag. Just grab one (or a few) and go. They will be ready to eat right-away.
Good to know before making these no bake energy bars
- You can keep these DIY energy bars in your freezer up to 3 weeks (when stored in an air-tight bag or container) but in my experience the longer you keep them in your freezer the more likely they will absorb some of the unpleasant odor.
- These bars will be soft and sticky but they should hold their shape.
- They can be turned into energy bites.
- Vegan friendly – these bars contain only dried fruits, nuts and seeds so they are also suitable for vegans.
- This recipe yields 10 bars, each weighing 1.4 ounce/40 grams. It can be easily doubled.
No Bake Energy Bars
- Place dried plums, dates and half of the almonds in a food processor and pulse until you get sticky paste. This will only take a few seconds.
- Transfer this paste into a bowl, add seeds, cranberries and the other half of almonds (roughly chopped). Mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into a rectangular/square cake pan that is lined with baking paper. Press it down as firmly as possible. This step is important – it will prevent the bars from falling apart.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- When sliced, wrap each bar in a grease-proof paper or cling film and place them in a zip-lock bag.
- This recipe yields 10 bars, each weighing about 1.4 ounce/40 grams.
- I used a rectangular pan: 8×9-inch/20×23-cm.
- The recipe can be easily doubled or adjusted to your liking (add more nuts, seeds …).
- Store them in the freezer in an air-tight container or a zip-lock bag for up to 3 weeks.