These melt-in-your-mouth Nutella Banana French Toast Roll Ups are one of the sweet breakfast recipes perfect to make on a Sunday morning or on a special occasion! Drizzle them with a sauce of your choice and serve them with some berries.
Nutella Banana French toast roll ups are super easy to make so if you are looking for a fun project to do with your kids, this is it.
8 ingredients & 15 minutes is all it takes to make them!
How to make French toast roll ups with Nutella and Banana
Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin. If you don’t have one, you can use a mason jar or a glass bottle instead (just make sure the bottle is clean).
Then, cut the bananas in half and again in half horizontally. You will end up with 8 pieces.
Spread Nutella over each slice of bread. Place a quarter of a banana onto the bread and roll into sausage. Repeat until you have prepped all rolls.
In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cinnamon, sugar and half and half until well combined. Now, melt a little piece of butter in a skillet or frying pan. When ready, dip the rolls in the egg mixture and fry until nice golden brown on all sides.
These Nutella banana French toast roll ups are best enjoyed warm with toppings of your choice.
Bread – I used crustless whole wheat bread to make these French toast roll ups but you can use white bread instead. You can also use bread with crust, but I recommend removing it.
Nutella – any hazelnut spread will do. Homemade Nutella is also an option. Also, please bear in mind that you can add less spread, if you like but you can also add more.
Granulated sugar – this can be omitted to reduce the calories.
Cinnamon – if you don’t have it on hand, omit it completely.
Half and Half can be substituted with milk or a little bit of heavy cream.
Bananas – try to choose large bananas.
I love to serve these French toast roll ups with berries (strawberries, raspberries or blueberries) and a drizzle of honey. If I have some more bananas, then I slice these as well.
You can also use maple syrup or chocolate syrup.
More French Toast recipes:
And if you like no bake snacks, you might like these:
Want to see how to make Banana French Toast Roll Ups? Watch the video!
Nutella Banana French Toast Roll Ups
- Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin.
- Cut the bananas in half and again in half horizontally. You will end up with 8 pieces.
- Spread Nutella over each slice of bread. Place 1 piece of a banana onto the bread and roll into sausage. Repeat until you have used up all breads.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and half and half until well combined. Over medium heat, melt about a tablespoon of butter in a skillet/frying pan. When the pan is hot, dip the rolls in the egg mixture and fry until nice golden brown on all sides.
- Serve these rolls warm with toppings of your choice.
- I used whole wheat bread, but you can use white bread, if you like.
- You will need a little less than a tablespoon of Nutella per slice of bread and I think that is plenty. If you like, use less/more. Nutella can be substituted with a hazelnut spread of your choice.
- Sugar can be omitted completely.
- Half and half can be substituted with milk or a little bit of heavy cream.
- Add more butter throughout the cooking, if needed. Between the batches, I like to wipe the pan clean first and only then I melt a knob of fresh butter.
- While these roll ups are delicious on their own, I love serving them with berries or sliced banana and drizzle them with a little honey.