Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups are one of the healthy snack ideas that are loved by kids as well as adults. Perfect for a quick breakfast, kid’s lunch boxes or as an afternoon bite.
I love easy to make snacks with little ingredients. Take these peanut butter banana roll ups. They contain 3 very simple ingredients: peanut butter, a banana and tortilla.
Now this does not mean that you can’t add anything else. In fact, I always add something extra – just to make it more interesting.
Tips for making peanut butter banana roll ups
- Try adding chocolate chips, chia seeds, chopped nuts or coconut for the extra crunch and texture.
- You can use any type of flour tortilla you like – wholemeal or plain.
- When it comes to bananas I like using hard bananas not the over-ripe ones (those you can save to make a delicious loaf of Banana Bread). The harder ones hold their shape better (just make sure they are ripe). Now, this is my personal preference so if you like the over-ripe bananas then go ahead and use those.
- I also like to add some extra sweetness to my peanut butter banana roll ups and add a small amount of Nutella as well. This is completely optional. You can also use Nutella instead of peanut butter.
- Another great add-on is granola (my favorites are 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Granola and Super Healthy Homemade Granola), dried cranberries or raisins.
Guys, there is so many tasty extras you can add to these peanut butter banana roll ups! Just use whatever it is you or your kids like the most. You can’t go wrong here.
You can also make these banana roll ups more fun for kids by using colorful sprinkles. If your kids have a sweet tooth why not add a little honey as well?
How to make peanut butter banana roll ups
Place your tortilla on to a clean work surface or a plate. Spread it with peanut butter. All you have to do now is peel the banana, place it onto the tortilla and roll it up. Cut into equally sized pieces and you are good to go!
Now when cutting these peanut butter banana roll ups bear in mind the size you want to cut them into.
From my own experience it is better cutting them into smaller pieces rather than large ones, especially when making these for kids. Smaller pieces are easier to eat and less messy as the kids can eat each piece in one go.
Another healthy lunch recipe with flour tortillas are Whole Wheat Crispy Popcorn Chicken Wraps. Tiny deep-fried chicken pieces with vegetables and sauce of your choice all wrapped in flour tortilla are so good! For clean-ish eating just wrap them in aluminum foil.
Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups
- 2 Bananas
- 6 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tortillas
- Nutella to your taste
- Chopped Nuts of your choice
- Place a tortilla on a clean work top and spread it evenly with peanut butter.
- Peel banana, place it on the edge of tortilla and roll it up. Repeat with the second tortilla.
- Cut both into bite-size pieces and enjoy!
- Whole wheat or plain tortillas can be used.
- Peanut butter can be substituted with Nutella.
- Optional extras: chocolate chips, jam, chia seeds, honey, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, raisins …
- I used 7-inch/18-cm wide tortillas. You can use larger ones as well and add more bananas, if needed.
- The portion size will vary depending on the size of your bananas as well as the age of your kids. For adults I recommend 1 banana per person.