Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Feta and Mozzarella is a flavorful side dish perfect for spring or summer. Juicy cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, melted cheese, herbs and olive oil can be served with grilled meats, orzo or bruschetta.
Making these oven roasted cherry tomatoes is easy and the preparation is pretty quick. It’s a one-pan side dish that is also perfect for entertaining at home.
One of the things I like about this side dish is that it is absolutely OK to serve it in the same dish you roasted these cherry tomatoes in.
If you like using your oven to make delicious dinners, have a look at these easy dinner recipes:
- Sheet Pan Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Veggies
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous with Chorizo
How to roast tomatoes in oven
The preparation and process is very simple and easy. Place rinsed cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray. If you don’t have one but still want to make oven roasted cherry tomatoes feel free to use any oven-proof dish that is large enough for all the ingredients. A casserole or a pie dish will also work well.
Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt, pepper, chopped parsley and oregano. I also add some sugar to make the tomatoes sweeter but this is completely optional.
The last thing to do is drizzle generous amount of olive oil over. Now by generous amount I mean about 1 to 2 tablespoons.
This goes in the oven for about 30 minutes. Now note that if you decide not to use garlic, you can reduce the baking time maybe by 10-15 minutes. Also, a whole garlic head will need more cooking time than individual cloves.
- Now you could completely omit Feta, Mozzarella, garlic, parsley and spring onion if you really wanted to. But I do recommend trying it first with all the extras and maybe next time omit the ones you did not like.
- Serve these oven roasted cherry tomatoes with Feta and Mozzarella with grilled meats, pasta, orzo, couscous (instead of a light dinner). Spread the roasted goodness over bruschetta and serve at your next party. Trust me, it will be a hit!
- Mozzarella will melt completely while Feta will hold its shape after baking. Mozzarella can be added right at the very end of baking or after the tray has been taken out from the oven. The heat will partially melt the cheese.
- I recommend using only a little salt because Feta cheese is pretty salty on its own.
- The health benefits of cherry tomatoes are worth checking out. If you don’t like them roasted in the oven, just throw some fresh ones in your salad.
Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Feta and Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and place them onto a baking tray altogether with chunks of Feta cheese, Mozzarella cheese and spring onions.
- Cut off the top of each garlic head and remove the outer skin as much as possible. Arrange them on the tray. Roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle it over all the ingredients.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil. Season with salt, oregano and sprinkle some sugar over.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the garlic is soft inside.
- Enjoy while still warm.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
- Spring onions and oregano can be omitted completely.
- This recipe is enough for 4 people (as a side dish).
- The baking time can be reduced by 10-15 minutes if garlic is omitted.
- If you don’t want the mozzarella to melt completely, add it to the tray at the very end of baking.