This sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken & veggies is a must-try dinner. Juicy chicken, roasted broccoli, carrots and potatoes are on your table in less than 40 minutes!
Sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken dinner is one of those meals that everyone loves the minute they taste it.
Bacon keeps the chicken moist and turmeric adds an amazing flavor to the whole dish. Plus turmeric is very healthy (check the health benefits of turmeric) so adding it to your meal is only good for you!
If you are looking for more dinner recipe ideas, have a look at these:
Ingredients needed to make this sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken & veggies:
- Chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Bacon Slices
- Black Pepper
- Turmeric Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken with veggies
You will need a large bowl for all the veggies. Carrots and potatoes should be sliced thin. If they are way too thick, they might need more time to cook than the chicken pieces. Divide the broccoli into larger florets. Place all the vegetables into the bowl and add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and turmeric powder. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss around to coat all the vegetables as even as possible.
Cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 chunky pieces. Try to cut them into similar pieces so they cook evenly. Season each one with salt, pepper and turmeric. Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around the seasoned chicken. Secure the bacon with a toothpick. Repeat with the rest of the pieces.
Get a sheet pan or a large baking tray (14×15 inch/36×38 cm) and spread the veggies and bacon wrapped chicken around. I like to line my pan with baking paper. This makes the cleaning very easy.
This sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken and veggies dinner takes about 20 minutes to bake. Make sure everything is cooked through before taking it out.
Useful tips when making this sheet pan bacon wrapped chicken dinner
- Broccoli – make sure to cut the broccoli into larger florets. If they are too small, they tend to burn.
- Salt – be careful when seasoning the chicken breasts as bacon is usually quite salty.
- Turmeric is one of the key ingredients so I highly recommend using it.
- Slice the carrots and potatoes thin so they cook through at the same time as the chicken.
- Garlic Powder – Pressed garlic cloves can be used instead of the powder. The amount depends on your liking. I would personally use 2-3 cloves.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Normal olive oil is also fine to use.
- Carrots, Broccoli, Potatoes – Increase, decrease these to your liking. You can also omit some.
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts (440g)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 3.5 ounces Bacon Slices (100g)
- Wash the vegetables. Peel the carrots and potato and slice them thin. Cut broccoli into larger florets and place these in a large bowl altogether with sliced carrots and potato. Season with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper and turmeric powder. Squeeze some lemon juice over (optional). Give it a good mix so the veggies are coated as evenly as possible.
- Cut each breast into 3-4 chunky pieces (preferably similar size). Season them with salt, pepper and turmeric. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece and secure it with a toothpick.
Line a sheet pan/large baking tray with baking paper (for easy cleaning) and spread the veggies around. Place the chicken pieces over and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes or until the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- Extra virgin olive oil or just normal olive oil both work well.
- I recommend not to over-season the chicken with salt. Bear in mind that bacon itself is quite salty.
- Lemon can be omitted.
- Carrots, potatoes, broccoli – feel free to increase or decrease the amount of the veggies to your liking. Just make sure the carrots and potatoes are not cut too thick.
- Avoid dividing broccoli into very small florets. They tend to burn and dry out.
- Turmeric powder will stain your hands so use gloves if preferred.