Whether you are looking for healthy breakfast recipes or just looking for quick breakfast ideas, put this Greek yogurt breakfast bowl on your menu! It’s easy, versatile and tasty!
This easy and quick breakfast bowl is perfect for busy mornings. Or throw everything in a mason jar and you have the perfect grab and go breakfast!
4 reasons to make this Greek yogurt breakfast bowl:
- Ready in 5 minutes.
- Can be prepped ahead.
- Versatile – add/omit/substitute any ingredient.
- Healthy – Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and altogether with nuts, honey and fresh fruits or berries this Greek yogurt breakfast bowl is full of vitamins and nutrients.
How to make a healthy breakfast bowl with Greek yogurt
The whole process is simple. Wash, chop, slice and arrange in a bowl! In 5 minutes, you can enjoy this quick breakfast.
Breakfast bowl toppings
If you don’t like some of the toppings I used, but looking for more Greek yogurt breakfast bowl ideas, these options of add-ons might give you some ideas:
- Fruits – pears, apples, persimmon, grapes.
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
- Nuts – hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, cashew nuts.
- Seeds – pumpkin, sunflower, chia.
- Liquid sweeteners – honey, maple syrup, agave syrup.
- Other – granola of your choice (Dark Chocolate Granola is my favorite) or perhaps coconut flakes, peanut butter or chocolate chips.
When I have some leftover Homemade Gingerbread Syrup on hand, I like to pour some of that over my Greek yogurt breakfast bowl. And while that might not be super healthy choice, if you only add a little, it’s perfectly fine.
If you are looking for more breakfast on the go recipes or need some healthy snacks for work that will keep you going until lunchtime, I have a few healthy breakfast recipes on the blog.
My favorite ones are Apricot Mango Smoothie and Apple Pear Ginger Smoothie. Now, I don’t recommend taking these instead of a proper breakfast, but as an addition or “snack” they are a healthy drink alternative that are also packed with nutrients.
The perfect bite-size snacks are No Bake Energy Bites, Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups (not only for kids!) or Fruity No Bake Energy Bars (these can be stored in the freezer and enjoyed only minutes after being taken out!).
Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Greek Yogurt , see note 1
- 1 Ripe Pear , cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup Fresh Blueberries , see note 2
- honey , to taste, see note 3
- ⅛ cup Pecans , see note 4
- 1 teaspoon Pollen , optional, see note 5
- Pour Greek yogurt in a breakfast bowl and top with sliced pear, blueberries, honey, chopped pecans and pollen.
- I used unsweetened Greek yogurt, but you can use any type you like. You can also use less yogurt, if you prefer.
- Blueberries can be substituted with raspberries.
- Honey can be substituted with agave syrup or maple syrup
- Instead of pecans, you can use walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios.
- Pollen is completely optional. As a substitution or extra topping, you can use chia seeds.