If you love entertaining at home then this warm spinach and feta dip should be on your party menu! Spinach, garlic, cream cheese and yogurt are combined together, heated up in the oven and served with toasted baguettes.
So I decided to serve this homemade spinach dip with toasted French baguette slices but you can serve it with anything you like. I’d say that sliced Focaccia Bread, toasted artisan bread, or Sweet Potato Flatbread, would also go well with this warm spinach and feta dip.
Ingredients needed to make this hot spinach feta dip:
- Olive Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
How to make warm spinach and feta dip
Start off with sautéing fresh spinach with some garlic. Meanwhile mix the Feta, cream cheese and yogurt until combined. When the spinach is ready (see reduced in size and wilted, soft) stir it into the cheese mixture.
The next step is baking. Well, actually all you need to do is heat it through. Normally when the dip is bubbling away, it’s ready to be removed from the oven.
Good to know:
- Greek yogurt can be substituted with sour cream or natural unsweetened yogurt.
- This spinach and feta dip is quite versatile and the ingredient amounts can be adjusted to your liking so don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Frozen spinach can be also used – check the recipe notes for more info.
- The amount of spinach can be increased or decreased BUT because it is a spinach dip I recommend using the amount stated in this recipe.
- Garlic lovers can add more garlic and those who don’t like it can simply omit it. In general, garlic and spinach go very well together. I used 3 garlic cloves which was just the right amount.
- I did not add any salt to this dip for one simple reason: Feta cheese is salty enough to add flavor to the whole dip. However, if you feel like your dip is lacking the taste, go ahead and add some.
This post first appeared on I Wash You Dry blog where I am a contributor.
Warm Spinach and Feta Dip
- Heat up oil in your skillet and add spinach. Sauté until soft. If you can’t fit all spinach in your skillet in one go simply add half and wait until it shrinks to add the rest of it.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté for a minute or two. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, crumbled feta and Greek yogurt (for best results mix with a mixer). Stir in sautéed spinach and pour everything back in the skillet.
- Bake at 400°F/200°C in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with rolls, baguettes, crostini or anything you like.
- This dip can be easily doubled, halved or adjusted to your liking.
- You can use frozen spinach. Just let it thaw first and squeeze out the excess liquid (7 cups fresh spinach = 1 cup thawed spinach). If you do use thawed spinach, you don’t need to sauté it.