This instant pot fried rice is quick and easy pressure cooker recipe. Simple ingredients, easy preparation and great flavors!
Have you ever made pressure cooker fried rice? If not, here is your chance! Cooking rice in Instant Pot is easy and hassle-free which is exactly what I am after.
What about you guys? Do you have a pressure cooker? If you do, do you use it often? When I made Instant Pot Chicken Curry for the first time I was over the moon with the results.
This Instant Pot fried rice dinner was no different. Full of flavors and hassle-free. Yay!
How to make pressure cooker fried rice:
Rinse the rice and add it to the inner pot of your pressure cooker. Pour in vegetable stock and stir it around. Just make sure the rice is evenly distributed. Now add diced carrots and close the lid.
Turn the vent to “SEALING” position and turn it on. Press “manual” and adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
When the pot finishes cooking, I wait 10 minutes and only then I turn the vent to “VENTING” position. There is a lot of steam coming out when you do the quick release and I personally don’t like it. Safety first! So use the 10-minute natural pressure release.
Now press the “SAUTE” function and stir the rice around. At this stage it will be sticky but this should change after adding the rest of the ingredients.
So I move the rice to one side and add oil and peas to the empty space. Saute this for a minute before mixing everything together. Now make a space in the middle and add beaten eggs. Stir them into the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Turn off the pot, season and serve.
Good to know before making fried rice in Instant Pot:
- The rice will be sticky at first but after sautéing it and adding peas and egg it will change its texture.
- If you prefer some crunch to your carrots, don’t cook them with rice but add them before you add peas. However, bear in mind that you will need longer time to cook them.
- Frozen peas needs only about 2 minutes in the pot before you add the egg.
- Eggs tend to stick to the bottom of the pan so keep stirring so you won’t end up with all of it stuck to your pot.
- I made this using rice program as well. I did not see any difference in the quality of the rice. That is why I prefer the quicker option. Rice program will set your Instant Pot to 12 minutes which I find way too long.
- For this recipe I used long grain rice. Bear in mind that there are different rice varieties and each of them might need a different cooking time. If you need a help with this, check this how to cook rice in Instant Pot post for more information.
So guys, if you are looking for Easy Instant Pot Recipes, this is definitely one of them! And it tastes so amazing!
Want to see how to make Instant Pot Fried Rice? Watch the video!
Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Add rice and vegetable stock in your instant pot. Mix so the rice is spread around evenly. Throw in diced carrots and close the lid.
- Instant Pot Settings: turn the vent to “SEALING” position, press “MANUAL” and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
- When the instant pot finished cooking, press “CANCEL” button. After 10 minutes, release the pressure manually.
- Now mix the rice, it will be quite sticky but it should change its texture and lose quite a lot of its stickiness. Move the rice to a side and press the “SAUTE” function. Add oil and frozen peas and saute for about a minute before mixing everything together.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice and add beaten eggs. Stir the egg into rice and fry everything together for a further 1-2 minutes before turning off Instant Pot completely. Taste it and if needed, season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was made in a 6 quart/6 liter Instant Pot.
- Remove the inner pot from the instant pot body in order to stop cooking/burning the rice after you are finished.
- If you would like to use a different type of rice, bear in mind that it might need different cooking time.
- The cooking time stated in this recipe is ACTIVE COOKING TIME. This time does not include the time that is needed to bring the pot to pressure nor the time the pot needs to drop the pressure naturally (add extra 20 minutes to the overall time).