Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms are quick and easy appetizers. They are rich in flavor thanks to cheese, garlic, butter and parsley stuffing. Great for entertaining at home!
Guys, if you are looking for party food ideas, Game Day appetizers or just more recipe ideas for home entertaining, these garlic stuffed mushrooms are it!
It’s no secret that I like bite size food. Whether it’s sweet or savory I like everything as long as it comes in small portions.
When I was thinking of making garlic stuffed mushrooms for the first time I had a slightly different idea in my head. I was thinking of using large Portobello mushrooms instead of these small button mushrooms. But at last I did change my mind and went with the small ones.
I am very happy with my decision as these garlic stuffed mushrooms are now perfect for entertaining at home.
How to make garlic stuffed mushrooms:
Pass the garlic through a garlic press a mix it with grated cheese, butter, black pepper and parsley. The butter should be at room temperature or slightly soften in the microwave. That way it’s easier to mix everything together. As for the parsley, you can either chop it roughly or finely. It is up to you but I personally try to cut it finely.
When you have mixed all these 3 ingredients together, taste it. If you feel like it needs more salt, add some.
Now all you have to do is fill each mushroom with this cheesy garlic paste and bake it. Make sure you clean the mushrooms thoroughly first. Some people rinse them (while others say this is a no no) under water, some use a food brush or a paper cloth to remove any soil residue. Check this helpful article on how to clean mushrooms to learn more.
I personally prefer peeling the outer skin off as sometimes it can be a real challenge cleaning them with the cloth. This way I am 100% sure they are free from any soil.
Baking garlic stuffed mushrooms takes about 15 minutes. I place them onto a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper. You can also use a silicone mat.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – I like to use Cheddar but you can also use Gouda or any other type of cheese that melts easily.
- Salt – this can be completely omitted, especially when you use salted butter and/or cheese.
This post first appeared on Julie’s Eats and Treats blog where I am a contributor.
Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic, finely chopped parsley, pepper, cheese and butter.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Do this carefully so you don’t break the mushrooms.
- Season each mushroom with salt and black pepper and fill with the prepared garlic stuffing. Place them onto a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F/190°C for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or cold!
- To clean the mushrooms use a damp cloth or peel the outer layer instead.
- Depending on the size of the mushrooms you might need more or less of the stuffing.