These Sweet Pepper Poppers are the perfect appetizers for parties and family gatherings. Ready in 30 minutes this oven baked party food is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Have you tried making sweet pepper poppers yourselves? If not, I highly recommend doing so. These easy pepper poppers are always a crowd pleaser!
What I love about these sweet pepper poppers
- Easy preparation – there is nothing difficult about making this appetizer so if you have an oven you are good to go!
- 5 ingredients is all it takes to make these stuffed mini sweet peppers appetizers
- Perfect appetizer for entertaining at home – no matter what type of party you are planning, these sweet pepper poppers should be on your menu.
These sweet pepper poppers are quite rich so when throwing a party I recommend adding some other – preferably cheese-free appetizers/finger food to give your guests some more choices.
Here are some options for you:
Ingredients needed to make sweet pepper poppers
- Sweet Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Black Pepper
How to make sweet pepper poppers with bacon
First things first – preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Meanwhile fry the bacon. I suggest not to be frying it until crispy as it will also bake in the oven.
If you are good with multi-tasking, you can prep the sweet peppers while the bacon is frying (just give it an occasional stir so you don’t end up with burnt bacon).
To prep the peppers: rinse them, cut in halves and remove the seeds and membranes. Make sure you leave the green parts on. Depending on the size of the sweet peppers I sometimes cut through the green part and stem – especially when they are quite small. This way both halves can be held by the green parts once they are done. I guess it is not that important and you don’t have to do it this way.
Then combine cream cheese with pepper, grated cheddar cheese and fried bacon. Now the bacon can still be warm but make sure you get rid of any excess fat. The easiest way is to use paper kitchen towels.
Mix everything together and fill each pepper with the mixture. Place them onto a baking tray and bake for 10-13 minutes.
Now the baking time may vary depending on the size of your peppers so just keep an eye on them.
- Bacon can be substituted with pancetta pieces.
- You can also add some chopped jalapenos to the filling if you like.
Sweet Pepper Poppers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Meanwhile: Fry the bacon pieces until cooked.
- Rinse the peppers and cut each of them in half. Make sure to leave the green parts on. Remove the seeds and membranes.
- Mix together cheddar cheese, cream cheese, black pepper and bacon.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and bake for 10-13 minutes or until heated through and the peppers are soft.
- Best served right away!
- Bacon can be substituted with Italian pancetta or cooked ham.
- If using cooked ham, you can skip the frying.
- Chopped jalapenos can be added to the filling if you like just be careful with the amount you add.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
- The baking time may vary depending on the size of your peppers.
- This filling is enough for 8-9 mini peppers. Now this can vary depending on the size of the peppers.