This gingerbread popcorn is sticky, sweet and ready in 5 minutes! If you like the gingerbread flavor, then this Christmas popcorn should be on your Holiday menu.
No oven, just pour the sweet sauce over and you are ready to serve! Now because this gingerbread popcorn does not need to go in the oven, it is important to serve it right away. That way you will be able to enjoy it fully!
Because, let’s be honest with each other here. This gingerbread popcorn will eventually turn soft. But guys, if you want a quick and sweet snack right away, this is it! No need to put it in the oven at all. You only need 5 minutes of your time to get a large bowl filled with this delicious holiday popcorn.
And I tell you one thing: Once you start eating you won’t be able to stop. It’s pretty addictive.
Now if you like gingerbread flavor as much as I do you should check out these easy recipes and DIY Christmas gift ideas:
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Gingerbread French Toast
- Gingerbread Granola
- Gingerbread Churros
- Gingerbread Ice Cream
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
I think I now have a good collection of festive recipes that are easy to make and taste like Christmas, don’t you think so?
Ingredients needed to make this gingerbread popcorn:
- Gingerbread spice mix
How to make gingerbread popcorn
I used microwaveable popcorn for this recipe but you feel free to use any type you like.
To make the gingerbread sauce you will need to melt butter and sugar in a saucepan. Just be careful not to burn the butter. I suggest using a lower temperature and stirring the mixture frequently.
Once the butter is melted and sugar dissolved, add the spice mix. Stir well and let it simmer for a few more seconds before turning off the heat. The whole “cooking” will take no more than 5 minutes.
All you have to do now is pour this mixture over your popped popcorn and toss well. I use a large bowl that makes the tossing easier. Basically, you want to coat most of the popcorn with the gingerbread mixture.
When you are done, you are ready to serve!
Tips when making gingerbread popcorn:
- Serve it right away! The longer it sits the softer it gets.
- If you don’t have brown sugar, use granulated or cane instead.
- The gingerbread spice mix can be substituted with a blend of cinnamon and ginger (the ratio would depend on your liking).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar while stirring constantly. Stir in the spice mix and cook for a few more seconds before turning off the heat.
- Pour over popped popcorn and serve right away!
- Sugar – you can use brown sugar, granulated sugar or cane sugar.
- Gingerbread Spice Mix is made of 2 tablespoons ginger, 3 tablespoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon allspice, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon cardamom, 1 teaspoon cloves. Check the full recipe and ingredient substitutions: Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix.